Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Leaving 6 week old with provider..

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 27 Replies
In 2 weeks :(

I met her today, its a licensed family daycare center. One of the FL laws that she as to abide by is that she cannot prepare bottles....like can't mix formula or pour bm from a bag to a bottle. This means I have to send him each day with prepared frozen or refrigerated premade bottles.

My question is- how many bottles with how much in each should I send every day? He'll be there from 8:30-2:30 mon-fri. This is a pain!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
japanmommy
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I think it's one ounce per hour that they will be there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I would print off the article on bottle feeding the breastfed baby from kellymom.com, a copy for you and one for the caregiver. It should have all the information you'll need.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Correct me moms if im wrong. I think two bottles of 2 oz should be good, she can give one bottle at 10:30 and one at 12:30 and when you get back you cab nursw.....or maybe leave a third with 2 oz juat incase you dont get back in time? 1 oz per hour gone.
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I think 3 bottles with 2 oz each would be ok. But thats funny because I live in Fla. and my Pediatricians office is next door to a daycare and I seen a worker holding some Medela bags with milk in them one time. And when my DD was in daycare I never had to pre make her bottles either, But that was 6 years ago so maybe its changed. But yeah at 6 weeks I think 2 oz is good enough.

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I agree! 2 oz bottles! When i worked, 8m till 1230am, I left three 2 oz bottles which wasnt always all used. I pumped at break and/or on the way home.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

3 2 oz bottles is fine. The last one given no later than 1PM... you want baby HUNGRY when you arrive.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM
And for the bags of milk I already pumped and froze, can I defrost them in the fridge the night before I bring him and pour them into bottles for her that morning and she can keep them refrigerated until he needs them?
Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

And for the bags of milk I already pumped and froze, can I defrost them in the fridge the night before I bring him and pour them into bottles for her that morning and she can keep them refrigerated until he needs them?

Yes-make sure she knows to NOT microwave them. My kids all drank EBM straight from the fridge-I never needed to warm it.  I used to bring my bottles in a cooler bag with those reusable inserts-it stayed perfectly fine.  Breastmilk can stay at room temp for a lot longer than cows milk can.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yeah, I've read that! She said she has a bottle warmer. I plan to use Playtex dropins as that's all my Dd would take (he hasn't tried a bottle yet). I was planning on having dd or dh give him 1 feeding a day from a bottle starting the week before he goes to prepare him (me not in the room). Do you think that's enough?

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yes-make sure she knows to NOT microwave them. My kids all drank EBM straight from the fridge-I never needed to warm it.  I used to bring my bottles in a cooler bag with those reusable inserts-it stayed perfectly fine.  Breastmilk can stay at room temp for a lot longer than cows milk can.

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yeah, I've read that! She said she has a bottle warmer. I plan to use Playtex dropins as that's all my Dd would take (he hasn't tried a bottle yet). I was planning on having dd or dh give him 1 feeding a day from a bottle starting the week before he goes to prepare him (me not in the room). Do you think that's enough?

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I would do a bottle a day in the week prior-you can pump and feed immediately if you want...so as not to waste the liquid gold you are storing for when you go back to work.  Let it sit at room temp to cool a bit before serving. If you can that is.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)