Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

when should i pump?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

right after feeds or an hour after?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

WHILE nursing. And whenever else is convenient.

LucyHourglass
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

its impossible for me to do it while nursing, rhythm grabs at the horn and rips out the tubing and freaks out. he will not allow it lol. i've been pumping immediatly after feeds, actually i hadnt pumped for a few days because it was becoming too stressful with rhythms frequent feedings, but he has just now started to go a few hours so i started to pump again. pump output has increased to .5 oz rather than the .25 i was getting before. i think the domperidone is helping.

Quoting gdiamante:

WHILE nursing. And whenever else is convenient.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Jrsmommy614
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM
I nursed after he fed and was asleep again cuz that's what was convenient for me. But it's most important to pump at night that's when most of your milk production is kept up so if you want you can even just give during the day a break. That's what I was told by the lactation nurse at the hospital but I pumped at all hours just incase bcuz I didn't produce much at first but it does start coming in better once you have itgoing. GL. Hope this helps! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM

either way--right after can mimic switchfeeding, especially if you're switchpumping, an hr later can mimic the frequent feeds of a growth spurt... just do whichever works best for your schedule and your output

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)