Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Anyone have to deal with this?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 21 Replies
So I'm 100% sure I have yeast in my gut etc.I was taking grapefruit seed extract which worked great at first then I stopped cause I figured it was taken care of but it was still there so I started again and it gave me the poops.I was pooping undigested food so I stopped but I still have the yeast.Its causes me some other issues like I'm not making as much milk so tomorrow am going I get some blessed thistle and fenugreek to take to up my supply.Will that help with the yeast in my body too?I read that candida die off symptoms are normal but I couldn't handle it which is why I stopped the grapefruit seed extract plus it was giving baby the poops.I have a minor yeast infection in my vagina so will those herbs help with that too?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM

What makes you think you aren't making enough milk?

Fenugreek won't help for yeast... are you on pro-biotics?

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

No, those herbs won't help with yeast. What will help are probiotics, and limiting or eliminating simple carbs from your diet (sugar, flour, processed foods)

What indications do you have that supply is down?

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I'm taking acidophilus and I know I'm not making enough cause before the thrush I was making more then enough to satisfy baby and my toddler but since which was a month ago baby is nursing every minute,I rarely can put him down anymore and he is not having many diapers at all like he was.I thought growth spurt but for a month its not and my toddler is not enjoying the fact that she can not get much all.I know its normal for supply to regulate but when I nursed my older son and my toddler when she was a baby they were both satisfied and able to get milk plus both had a great diaper count.Also can thrush turn my nipples a bit purple?I am using the apno cream the dr gave me and my nipples were not purple till this week

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

What makes you think you aren't making enough milk?

Fenugreek won't help for yeast... are you on pro-biotics?

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I have eliminated sugars includding fruits,flour and processed things.Everything has been homemade.

Read my response to the above poster thanks!

It sucks cause I know its in my gut cause I'm really bloated,passing gas like crazy,my tummy rumbles alot even after I ate.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

No, those herbs won't help with yeast. What will help are probiotics, and limiting or eliminating simple carbs from your diet (sugar, flour, processed foods)

What indications do you have that supply is down?

lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

if you can't handle die off symptoms you will never get rid of yeast. You need to start slowly and gradully work up, if symptoms are bad lower your approach and then move up steadily, this will also help your infant. you should take a good probiotic, and eat gut promoting things like fermented foods.

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I figured!I tried eating raw garlic the otherday and omg it was crazy.I have been taking acidophilus as well as putting some capsules into my vagina.What scared me from the die off was it turning my sons poop green :( How long does die off last?This is my own damn falt cause after he was born 2 days in a row I ate a bowl of cereal with milk which started it then at a friends sons birthday party I went crazy with eating sweets which obviously I can't handle.Guess its going back to eating the raw garlic cause I have no more grapefruit seed extract and with nursing my toddler I was advised she can not have anything grapefruit because of her meds she is on for epilepsy.I did some research and apparently candida can cause seizures as well as celiacs which they think my daughter has.All the kids have been getting probotics.Will my baby experience die off as well then?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

if you can't handle die off symptoms you will never get rid of yeast. You need to start slowly and gradully work up, if symptoms are bad lower your approach and then move up steadily, this will also help your infant. you should take a good probiotic, and eat gut promoting things like fermented foods.

lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM

the green poop isn't from yeast, thats a too much foremilk problem and not enough hind milk. That can happen from tandem nursings if you aren't scheduling the feedings right and letting the baby get the hind milk. die off will last however long it takes for you to rid the amount of yeast in your body, and yes it's likely the baby will experience die off. The best thing I know for killing candida is mild silver protein

http://www.dr-johnson.com/

i can get you the email of the dr that runs that site and he can give you a good idea how much you will want to take and if you should give it to your infant.

Quoting QuickMomma:

I figured!I tried eating raw garlic the otherday and omg it was crazy.I have been taking acidophilus as well as putting some capsules into my vagina.What scared me from the die off was it turning my sons poop green :( How long does die off last?This is my own damn falt cause after he was born 2 days in a row I ate a bowl of cereal with milk which started it then at a friends sons birthday party I went crazy with eating sweets which obviously I can't handle.Guess its going back to eating the raw garlic cause I have no more grapefruit seed extract and with nursing my toddler I was advised she can not have anything grapefruit because of her meds she is on for epilepsy.I did some research and apparently candida can cause seizures as well as celiacs which they think my daughter has.All the kids have been getting probotics.Will my baby experience die off as well then?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Well that sucks!I was hoping he wouldn't have to go through the die off too.I have read a bunch of things online that says yeast can cause green poop.I believe it cause I know I'm not making much milk at all.I will just continue doing what I'm doing and suck it up with the die off symptoms.Did you go through this?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

the green poop isn't from yeast, thats a too much foremilk problem and not enough hind milk. That can happen from tandem nursings if you aren't scheduling the feedings right and letting the baby get the hind milk. die off will last however long it takes for you to rid the amount of yeast in your body, and yes it's likely the baby will experience die off. The best thing I know for killing candida is mild silver protein

i can get you the email of the dr that runs that site and he can give you a good idea how much you will want to take and if you should give it to your infant.

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM

yeah this happened to me right after my second was born and i was nursing my toddler. put coconut oil on youe nipples and in their mouths before nursing so your not spreading back and forth. keep on the probiotics and avoid the sweet stuff! i didnt truely get over mine until i cut wheat, since wheat was a weak point for me. keep nursing, your supply will come back!

Quoting QuickMomma:

Well that sucks!I was hoping he wouldn't have to go through the die off too.I have read a bunch of things online that says yeast can cause green poop.I believe it cause I know I'm not making much milk at all.I will just continue doing what I'm doing and suck it up with the die off symptoms.Did you go through this?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

QuickMomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I've been through this before too but just got through it by cutting sweets and wheat out as well but got rid of the vaginal yeast infection first but don't recall how since that was a few years ago.I don't have coconut oil but I still have grapefruit seed drops.Should I start putting it on my breasts again before putting the apno cream on?My dr gave me monistate should I use it?Also should I take the fenugreek or wait till the yeast is gone?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

yeah this happened to me right after my second was born and i was nursing my toddler. put coconut oil on youe nipples and in their mouths before nursing so your not spreading back and forth. keep on the probiotics and avoid the sweet stuff! i didnt truely get over mine until i cut wheat, since wheat was a weak point for me. keep nursing, your supply will come back!

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Quoting QuickMomma:

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN