Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nighttime Comfort Nursing

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have noticed the past week Lil Chunker has been waking to comfort nurse and not to "eat."  Does that make sense?  I don't mind waking to rock, cuddle, and get him back to sleep......but the past few nights I have found myself waking up in the rocker asleep with him!  hahaha.  Will he go back to eating at night, or should I try something different to get him to sleep thru?  He will be 7mos next week and gets very few solids.  He doesn't always cry when he wakes up at night, I can hear him chattering away or giggling/playing but after awhile he will start to whine until I go in there and rock/nurse him back to sleep.  Thanks for your help!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

7 months is infamous for a sleep regression/disruption.    He may just want you near him... is he going through separation anxiety during the day?  (crying whenever he's put down, or sees you walk away)    We co-sleep, so it's really not a big deal for us... have you thought of bringing him to bed when he wakes up so that you can both rest?

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

He hasn't ever slept fully thru the night yet, but he has always ate well when he woke/cried out.  I can't cosleep b/c our bed is too small and hubby would squish him (I barely have room...hahahaha).  He plays fine by himself or even 'alone' in his room (I can see him but he can't see me type of thing).  My hubby said the same thing, that he may be 'lonely' and to put my tshirt in his crib tonight or something.  Usually changing his diaper will get him to eat better when he falls alseep, but it hasn't worked lately.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

7 months is infamous for a sleep regression/disruption.    He may just want you near him... is he going through separation anxiety during the day?  (crying whenever he's put down, or sees you walk away)    We co-sleep, so it's really not a big deal for us... have you thought of bringing him to bed when he wakes up so that you can both rest?

o0laurie.love0o
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I had to kick my hubby out of bed to cosleep because we only have a queen and he sleeps very deep. Baby in the bed with mom is a lot safer than ending up in a rocking chair. My baby is 6mo and the separation anxiety has really hit her hard. Luckily she calms down for her sisters during the day so I can cook and clean and such. But at night time she's right next to me. It won't be forever. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hello_kitty25
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

i still do this, its the only way to can get him back to sleep fast so i can get some sleep! but i work full time, also my son is 8 months. lol i dont think it will last forever, but its the sure way to do it fastest!

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
We still do this. My ds is 20 months. I've never tried any other comfort. We cosleep too. I'm lazy though and don't want to go looking for some other option.
usmcwife327
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Having a similar issue. And yes to all of this! I do bring her to bed though. Any suggestions for the day time?!?!

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

kiki2382
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Could you sidecar his crib?

Quoting rHOPEb:

He hasn't ever slept fully thru the night yet, but he has always ate well when he woke/cried out.  I can't cosleep b/c our bed is too small and hubby would squish him (I barely have room...hahahaha).  He plays fine by himself or even 'alone' in his room (I can see him but he can't see me type of thing).  My hubby said the same thing, that he may be 'lonely' and to put my tshirt in his crib tonight or something.  Usually changing his diaper will get him to eat better when he falls alseep, but it hasn't worked lately.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM

No :(  We have small rooms, plus his crib is old and we had to bolt it together since it is a drop side crib.

Quoting kiki2382:

Could you sidecar his crib?

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

rHOPEb
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Thank you ladies!  It must be a phase :(  I finally took the kids to church last night (we haven't been in over a month due to various illnesses and such) and I ended up having to go get Lil Chunker after 20min and bringing him down to the Women's Bible Study Class to let him play in the floor b/c he wouldn't stop screaming!  **SIGH**  He must just be attached..........I know our daughter did this but she was closer to 14mos before it started.  We will try again Sunday.  

I also tried to put him in my bed last night around 11pm when he woke up and he wouldn't settle down to sleep until I went into HIS room and sat in the recliner.  Then put him in his bed.  I love all his snuggles, but this momma needs some sleep........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)