Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent sorry at ropes end...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 34 Replies

i feel like all i do is nurse and pump! my older boys are fighting me on getting there chours done, let alone me getting my half of the house work done with a two week old attached to the boob. i have a mountain high pile of clean laundry on the sofa, all the floors ae in dier need of a good mopping. my little one will not stay asleep if i try to lay her down unless im right beside her and IF i am lucky i might be abil to sneak out of the bed, but normaly weather it be by smell or loss of the heat she always seams to know. i havent had a shower in three days because as soon as i get the water on she starts crying. and to top it off we dont know when but my husband and a coworker will be in town for several days working and his coworker will be staying with us. (husband did ask and make sure i was ok with it) his coworker is his best friends little/older brother not sure wich but he is more or less part of my husbands family. how do meny of you cope?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hugs!!!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Cope by knowing it won't last forever( no matter what) and little gets the very best, it's the sacrifice that pays back a bazillion times over:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
3 moms liked this
I pick my battles. It was hard at first, but once I realized that my baby was more important than my floors, I was a much happier person.
Laundry will ALWAYS be there, but babies don't keep.
It will get better! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Babywearing is a must when you have older kids.  That way you can get stuff done while baby is nursing.  With the laundry, sort it into piles and have your older kids deliver it to rooms so that your sofa is cleared off.  Can your older kids mop?  My 3 and 5 year olds love to vaccum and mop for me and even if it doesn't get done perfectly, it's at least better than it was at the start.

For the shower, I'd lock you and baby into the bathroom (so that baby is safe from older kids... not sure what age yours are), lay baby on a clean blanket on the floor, and take a quick shower.  I always figured that in the 2 minutes it took for me to get clean a couple of times a week, if baby cried he'd survive until I was out and able to pick him up.  If your kiddos are older, you could have them talk to baby or show her toys to keep her happy for that 2 minutes.

lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

your baby is 2 weeks old, you have no half of any thing to do but REST. no one can fight that. lay down stop caring about your house and look at that new baby of yours.! there will be a time for laundry and cleaning but it is not now. the rest of your family can pick up the slack. Having a baby is a huge stress on your body and you need to rest and nurse to get that supply up. it will get easier but being 2weeks postpartum and expecting everything to be 'normal' again is unrealistic.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I also have a two week old. But I do not do house things. If my husband is here, we help each other get things done but if I don't get to it, I don't get to it. Give yourself a break and ask someone to come help.
speidelboys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I also have a two week old. But I do not do house things. If my husband is here, we help each other get things done but if I don't get to it, I don't get to it. Give yourself a break and ask someone to come help.

i wish i just had a friend in this town, let alone someonr i could get help from. :( my husband helps when he is home but he works 130 miles away right now and only makes it home every other weekend

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM

What can you take off your plate?

Why are you pumping? Is that something that can be taken off your plate?

Do you have a sling or wrap so you can wear baby part f the time?

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No pumping, house can wait, and you need a wrap or sling to wear her in. Look into co-bathing while she's still teeny:)  Baby relaxes in a warm bath WITH mama! Winners all around. Just throw clean laundry back into baskets and put in appropriate rooms for now, get clothes from there when needed.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I know :( its hard, i was always behind with a newborn, and even still now with a two yr old and a dh on crutches....i am 10 steps behind and i still feel like im slipping back, but i know its temporary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)