Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OUCH!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
My dd just turned 1 year old & for the past week or so my left nipple is soo sore! Idk if her latch has changed since her teeth have come in more fully now (she has 8 now!) or what...
I don't think it's thrush- I had that with my ds & this is just soreness while with him it was excruciating pain every time he nursed along with itchiness; my dd doesn't show any signs of it either.
She's not biting- she did a couple times but my screech when she did scared her & she hasn't since; I really don't know why I'm so sore but it's frustrating!
Do I need to stock up on lanolin or is there anything else I can do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Every time my daughter (just turned one on Monday) cuts new teeth her latch changes and sometimes I have to relatch her several times until she gets a more comfortable latch. She has 8 teeth and is cutting all four of her canines at once so lately I just tell her that hurts me, let's try again.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM
That's what I'm thinking is going on with us too- I do unlatch her when it starts hurting & let her relatch until I'm comfortable but I didn't know if there was something else I could be doing...
Thank you for your reply though!

Quoting BridgetMc:

Every time my daughter (just turned one on Monday) cuts new teeth her latch changes and sometimes I have to relatch her several times until she gets a more comfortable latch. She has 8 teeth and is cutting all four of her canines at once so lately I just tell her that hurts me, let's try again.

ACrowsNest
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too me too!!! Lanolin, and ice packs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)