Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby pulling off constantly and crying

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
My DD is 4 wks old and for the last week and a half or so she has been constantly pulling off & crying while I'm bf her. She hasn't had a bottle and rarely will take a paci. The only time she seems content while eating is before my let down starts or in the middle of the night when she's sleepy. Any advice??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Growth spurt & normal infant behavior. She's uppping your supply. Go with it, it will pass.

BabyFruit Ticker

momma1215
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Ear infection? My ds had chronic ear infections as an infant. Whenever he pulled away from thr breast and cried that was my sign to take him to the dr.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she seem to be choking or spluttering as she comes off? Could be overactive letdown/oversupply.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
This. The content before the letdown makes me think it is a reaction to an overactive letdown. Have you tried nursing slightly leaning back with the baby on top of your breast instead of under it?

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Does she seem to be choking or spluttering as she comes off? Could be overactive letdown/oversupply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
floridamomma7
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM

HI sorry ladies, been a while since I have been on here and I appreciate the feedback. Seems my supply has since normalized itself and she isnt doing it as often. Now it seems like she is just doing it when she is overtired or in an unfamiliar place. I wish she would just be a happy BF'er all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)