Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing going way better!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
Maybe its just im really THAT lazy, that I dont want to get up and warm a bottle of bm...or its she is really THAT impatient. When she wakes up, and wants to eat, its NOW! Or else "mommy im going to scream my head off!"...

I nursed pretty much every feeding. My overly sensitive to pain nipples are I guess getting tougher. By the end of the night, like 7pm..i give a bottle of bm, because i get more sore...usually im okay by like 11pm...Shes getting alot.

Is it normal to only nurse from one side? She nurses for like 10/15 mins on one side, then pulls off and goes to sleep. I try to nurse her on the other side but she falls asleep. Shes 1 week and 2 days old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I only use one breast a feeding. Next feeding its the lefts turn, then after that the rights. I found it too complicated to time wnd pull her off and onto another. My LC said itsfine. Just rotate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Your baby is the boss when it comes to one breast or two! She's giving you a clear message that she is full after one breast. She may do that 100% of the time, the entire time you nurse. She may also have times when she pulls off the first breast and "tells you" more mommy! Give me the other side! She will get the message to you :-)

SadieJames
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Yay! I'm so happy for you - I know how much you wanted to breastfeed : )

and Lily does the same thing with the one sided nurse.  Rarely she will want the other one but its clear when she does.

good job : )

nurseangel032
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

My guy tends to want one breast during the day, but at night he goes longer in between feedings and usually takes both.  ( at about 3am he nurses for about an hour every night)     My nipples are very sore and sensitive too but for the past week or so, it is tolerable.  Hoping they will become less and less sensitive.   I have not pumped yet but thinking of maybe trying to keep a bottle on hand so I can give my breast a rest.   By bed time, it is the worst.    I have actually needed  to take ibuprofen at least once a day for breast/nipple pain.    He is a chow hound, so I am not getting engorged, just sore.     My husband sometimes will put his pinky in his mouth to hold him over when I am in the shower or something.   He sais " god bless you" because he actually hurts his finger!! 

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Yay!! Glad it's going better!
I only nurse from one side per feeding. Unless baby is going through a growth spurt. Then she usually nurses from both sides every feeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Journeysmama11
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My son did this for a while too, I'd pump the other side though! :) Glad it's going well!

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
My LO only does one side per nursing unless j he's super hungry, then he gets the other. He's almost 11 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Sounds great!!! try to nurse at every feed, but if you need to give part of the feed by bottle by the end of the evening do that..or even use a syringe..

SweeetPeaa
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My daughter used to do that when she was small. They tend to pass out during a nursing. 

I would move my hands over her head, back, legs, and see if that would wake her up. 

Then If that didn't work, then I would take her clothing off, and that would usually wake her up. 

If that didn't work then i'd switch boobs, and if she would STILL go to sleep, then that's how I know for SURE she was done nursing. 

I nurse my daughter from BOTH breasts during a nursing session. 

:) 

momdays
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I do this too. Each feeding is the other breast. But I find he doesn't latch on as well on the left breast.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I only use one breast a feeding. Next feeding its the lefts turn, then after that the rights. I found it too complicated to time wnd pull her off and onto another. My LC said itsfine. Just rotate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN