Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Little update on Baileigh

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yesterday was a roller coaster. First off, her bili levels are down to 16 from 22 on Monday so that's a yay! Then, she was weighed. Monday she was 6 14.5. Today 6 15. Then I find out her regular pediatrician isn't there and the one who was I can't stand. Well Monday when I went, her pedi wasnt concerned about her weight and was happy with her diaper output. Then when the psycho nurse called, she said Baileigh was diagnosed failure to thrive and I needed to start supplementing and that was coming from the dr. Evidently psycho nurse had the other dr diagnose her who had never even seen her. And that was the dr we had to see. Well she starts in on me about how 1/2 an ounce isn't enough and evidently she's not getting enough calories and they need to give her a bottle of formula before I leave. Ummm HELL NO. If I'm going to supplement, I'll use breast milk. I have almost 15 ounces in the freezer and my sister in law said she could give me some if I needed it. Anyway, I called our regular pedi on his cell phone while pretending to use the bathroom and I pulled up all the info I had gotten from in here to show the pedi on duty and the nurse. Our regular pedi ended up coming in just to see us. After nursing for 50 minutes, they weighed her again and she was 7 lb 1.5 oz (: he said she is getting plenty and to keep up the good work. He also took the failure to thrive diagnosis out of her chart. And there is now a note in her chart that we no longer have to see psycho nurse.

So anyway... Her weight is great. She's getting all the nutrition she needs. Her jaundice is going down. Her eye is still crusty, but it's no longer red and swollen (another yay for breast milk)!! And for the first time in over a week, the sun is shining (:

PS a big thank you to everyone who helped and to Miranda for dealing with me in my moment of craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I'm glad you got it all resolved! It sounds like you and baby are doing great!

mrswhite417
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Some pictures too (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswhite417
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Sleeping (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay! And yay for your pedi noting your chart for psycho nurse to stay away lol.... way to go mom and baileigh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
How unnecessarily stressful! Just goes to show you what a difference a different doctor can make.
juniebug11
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
aw I'm glad her level are going down! I hope they keep getting lower :)
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Good on you for standing tour ground! Hope all continues to go well for both of you!
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

OH Hun I'm so so glad your doc came in!!! I'm so glad he got that diagnosis off there & you don't have to see that psycho nurse again!!! I' so glad things are looking so good......oh & I still haven't seen a more recent pic of her! :P <3 (oh & no worries on yesterday that's what I'm  for!!!)

BabyFruit Ticker

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Gosh she's gorgeous Amanda!  *there I fixed it! lol*

Quoting mrswhite417:

Sleeping (:

BabyFruit Ticker

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Eeeeek!!! This makes me so anxious for June to get here! lol

Quoting mrswhite417:

Some pictures too (:

BabyFruit Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)