Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could this be why my son is waking more and so fussy?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
My son turns 7 months on the 16th I decided to stop breastfeeding almost a week ago cause at work I don't have time to pump a lot, so my supply has really dwelled. My son is extremely fussy and waking up like 3 times a night when normally it would be once. I normally only breastfeed at night no bottles. Will since I quit breastfeeding I have been giving him bottles. This afternoon I tired everything to calm him nothing would work, so finally I said forget this and decided to nurse him and he went right to sleep. So I guess I am going too try and get my supply back up. We have a new person staying on Monday, so hopeful I can get it back up. I thought it was because of teething but he started this after I quit nursing him maybe he misses it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sissy852
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM
it could be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I babies can reverse cycle. How many hrs a day do you work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baileysmom1029
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I work 8 hours a day 9 if you include my lunch. I work 40 hours a week and go to school on my days off but I am only gone like 4 hours those days.

Quoting piwife:

I babies can reverse cycle. How many hrs a day do you work?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Could you pump on the way to work, at lunch, and on the way home? Or, at least nurse him when you are home? Your body would adapt and produce the amount of milk he was eating without you having to pump when working.
Baileysmom1029
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Yes but he was getting more formula, but if this is the only thing that will calm him them I am not giving up. The only reason I decided to stop was because night was the only time he seemed completely satisfied, but then he started getting fussy at night, but I just thought about it he was probably hitting his 6 month growth spurt. I love breastfeeding.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Could you pump on the way to work, at lunch, and on the way home? Or, at least nurse him when you are home? Your body would adapt and produce the amount of milk he was eating without you having to pump when working.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Then go back to it. **smile** You can work and nurse. I did. 60 hour weeks, plus ten day business trips... 26 months. So it can be done!

If you don't want to pump at work, then don't... just nurse at home. It doesn't need to be all or nothing. But yes, the formula is probably now starting to disagree with him.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:25 AM
This.

Quoting gdiamante:

Then go back to it. **smile** You can work and nurse. I did. 60 hour weeks, plus ten day business trips... 26 months. So it can be done!

If you don't want to pump at work, then don't... just nurse at home. It doesn't need to be all or nothing. But yes, the formula is probably now starting to disagree with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)