Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

slumber bub ** Edit in red** Second edit in pink**

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Has any one tried it? Is it worth the $$$, what is it exactly? My dd is 6m and pretty much nurses all night still, she wakes up every 2 hours (on a good night) She spends most the night cuddled up next to me nursing non stop. I wake up and put her back in her bed after a little while because she kicks and scratches in her sleep and she gets so hot snuggled up to me, I just can't sleep with her in bed with me for very long or i would just sleep topless and keep her in my bed till she gets better.

** Update**

My dd is almost 7 months old and her doctor told me at her 6m check up that she doesn't need to eat at night any more that she wakes up out of habit instead of actual hunger. She is 14.5 lbs and in the 20th percentile for weight and 80th for everything else (if that helps). But he told me that I can start letting her cry it out at night and it would be easier to do that if I move her to her own room. She nurses all night long still, she is in our bed most the night because she is constantly nursing at night. The idea of having her in her own room at night alone makes me very nervous, let alone leaving her in there to cry it out. But I don't know what to do, I am just exhausted right now.

**Update**

thank you all for your help, I am just going to post it up here instead of trying to answer each of you one by one.

I am just going to keep her in bed with me, it didn't feel right moving her to her room yet let alone just leaving her in there to cry. None of my kids have slept threw the night till they were at least 3. My son still wakes up some times, but I have never made any of them cio when they were so little. We kind of made my ds cry it out (sort of) when he was 2, he would wake up at like 2am to play. So I would get up and put him back in bed and tell him to go back to bed, this would result in him crying for like an hour every night. That lasted like a week and he finally quit, for the most part. We just moved and it has started his I am going to wake up and try to play around the house. We found him sound asleep in our doorway yesterday at like 3am.

So I am not a lazy parent for leaving her in bed with me and feeding her all night. Because as soon as I get around my mil she says "is that baby still in your guys bedroom?" and "you need to get the baby in her own room, she will sleep better" and everyone I know have been cio and sleep training their babies since they were like a month old or they had babies who just slept threw the night. I feel like she is way too little to be alone in her bed and she is so little still so I figure that's why she is eating so much. Plus she is so active during the day feeding her is the only time I get cuddles. She just wants to roll and jump around all day in her jumper. 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Never heard of it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsNiko88
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

It looks very similar to baby wise. Basically an infant sleep training system. Baby wise and others like  it have been assoicated with FTT. If you are nursing, baby is going to wake up every few hours. How old is baby? 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not really recommended to actively night wean before a year. I am very nervous about "sleep training" methods. The tag line on their twitter page reads:

"Slumber Bub is the instant online baby sleep school....Because at Slumber Bub, we don't do tired ..."

I take issue with the "instant", the "online" and "baby sleep school". Babies wake for hunger and for comfort and I don't see how depriving them of either ever achieves favorable results, for the baby anyway. I have 4 kids, the best sleeper hit 5 hour stretches (referred to as "sleeping through the night" at 8 months. My other 3 hit 5 hours from 15-18 months.
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree with this! Anything that teaches a baby to sleep longer sends red flags up for me! Baby will sleep more when baby needs to! My son is almost 13 months and still nurses all night. 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It's not really recommended to actively night wean before a year. I am very nervous about "sleep training" methods. The tag line on their twitter page reads:

"Slumber Bub is the instant online baby sleep school....Because at Slumber Bub, we don't do tired ..."

I take issue with the "instant", the "online" and "baby sleep school". Babies wake for hunger and for comfort and I don't see how depriving them of either ever achieves favorable results, for the baby anyway. I have 4 kids, the best sleeper hit 5 hour stretches (referred to as "sleeping through the night" at 8 months. My other 3 hit 5 hours from 15-18 months.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Instead, check out drjaygordon.com for his info on night weaning and transitioning baby from the family bed. Be advised, he doesn't advise it till one year.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I agree with these ladies!

Quoting jjchick75:

I completely agree with this! Anything that teaches a baby to sleep longer sends red flags up for me! Baby will sleep more when baby needs to! My son is almost 13 months and still nurses all night. 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Bump
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Babies do not wake out of habit. I hate it when people say that. They wake because they are hungry, need to be changed or just need comfort. I look at it this way, if your on a soup diet, you get hungry faster than on a steak and potatoes one. It's because soup digests faster than that heavy meal so you eat more. Not saying solids need to be fed before bed but you get what I'm saying. Also I don't know about you but I still get up at least once a night to go potty. Why wouldn't my baby and I'm not a fan of sleeping in a pee soaked bed, why would my child?
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM
The message of crying it out is "mommy is not going to get you. Not if you're crying because you're hungry. Not if you're lonely. Not if you're wet..." I slept with my babies in my bed until they were weaned and beyond. I don't think sleep arrangements are anything my pediatrician can comment on, unless I was asking for suggestions, and I'm not.

All 4 of my kids sleep through the night now. Despite this "bad habit" of nursing through the night. Though I refer to it as an *instinct* and a responsive parenting tool. I got really good at nursing in bed and despite being woken several times throughout the night, I was probably only *awake* for a couple minutes.
JocelynsMama1
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:26 AM

sorry but i agree with our doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)