Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just a little break would be nice...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
My poor DS1 cannot catch a break like his mom. He woke up screaming last night that his ears hurt. He has only ever complained about his ears once and that was last year when he had his first ear infection ad it was a double one at that. Since we have nothing for ear drops, I expressed some bm in a cup and used a dropper and put some in both ears with cotton balls. He woke up this morning and his ears no longer hurt so I said it was ok for him to go to school. It was his valentines day party at school today. In his folder there was a letter from his teacher that they had to send a kid home today because he had pink eye. Neither my DH or my mom thought to check his folder until after I got home from work and made dinner. So it's about 8pm and I ask I he had homework and I find this note. Now I'm thinking crap, I have nothing for pink eye except bm and it took both DH and into hold him down for his ears, no way will he let me near his eyes. Sure as poop around 9, DS1 starts to rub his eyes hard and I can see huge gobs of mucus near them. So he does have pink eye now. I cleaned his eye out with warm water and the. Pinned him down and put a few drops of bm in both eyes because I don't want it to spread. Tomorrow is his last day of school before winter break and now he won't be going.
Is it really too much to ask that I your child is sick or has something contagious like pink eye that you keep them home???? Thank heaven I'm bfing so I have bm at hand to nip this stuff in the bud but it still stinks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SadieJames
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That all sucks but its great you have a magical elixir : )

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM
DH took DS1 and DD to the dr today. DS1 has a double ear infection, upper respiratory infection and pink eye. DD has pink eye. :(

Quoting SadieJames:

That all sucks but its great you have a magical elixir : )

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Oy... that rally sucks!
rbailey2414
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Glad you have the magic potion to fix him up! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM

hope everyone feels better soon!

With Love,

Starshine

William Alexander April 20, 2005

Joshua Stephen December 1, 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN