Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Met with LC today

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

Nellie and I met with the LC today. she stated that Nellie still has the latch corect as well as the tonge motion on the bottle what seems to be the problem is the instant gratification of the bottle. We are now using nipple shealds, some cup things for my flat nipples to pull them out, as well as nipple shields. she stated that she believes that we might beable to get her back to the breast but it will take a lot of work. She aslo reasured me that it is ok to exclusivly pump as long as I am doing it every 2-3 hours around the clock then it will be fine. I will also be going to the breastfeeding support group everyweek to be with other moms and get NEllie weighed weekly.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

OK, sounds good!

lizzieiguana
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You are giving your baby a lot of love, and that is what it will take. nipple shields don't last forever. You'll get there. The more YOU nurse, the faster it will happen. Fewer bottles, more Mama.

tlbmrf
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes that is what we are trying more of me. I have even broken down to co sleeping so I can get her first hunger signs as well. She still gets bottles when I have to work. As I'm the main bread winner until hubby finishes his ged this year and gets a better job. But I'm only giving her 3 oz every 2 hours and they have to pace feed her not fast feeding.

Quoting lizzieiguana:

You are giving your baby a lot of love, and that is what it will take. nipple shields don't last forever. You'll get there. The more YOU nurse, the faster it will happen. Fewer bottles, more Mama.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN