Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

3 week growth spurt

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
Well Lexi is a month today but I think we've finally hit this growth spurt everyone has been talking about. The last two days she has been wanted to eat every hour on the hour for 20-30 mins, but while she's eating she is also crying. Someone mentioned their LO did this while going through a growth spurt as well. I have plenty of milk so i know its not because shes not getting enough. I feel so drained :( I have very little time to do anything in between feedings. I have to tend to my 20m old in between feedings so I didn't even have time to really eat yesterday (well unless a cup of coffee and a hot pocket counts :/ ). How long does this growth spurt usually last?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Bump!
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Nobody ? :(
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Growth spurts usually last a week or two. Not eating will make it worse though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I try. I just literally don't even get 5 mins to myself to actually make something and eat it.

Quoting polkaspots:

Growth spurts usually last a week or two. Not eating will make it worse though.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

a couple days-ish.

Try to just grab quick things like crackers and cheese, an apple/banana, yogurt, granola bar, hummus and pretzels, boiled egg etc.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Do you baby wear? That's pretty essential when you have other little ones who also need tended to!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

with all 4 of my babies, the 3 week growth spurt was my lowest of low points, the moment I doubted why I ever wanted to be a mother at all. Obviously it gets better or there wouldn't be 4 babies to speak of. If memory serves, it lasted a good week. Or I adjusted in a week. I don't know. But I'd rather snuggle with a honey badger than a 3 week old baby. I'm not one to let my babies cry unnecessarily but give yourself permission to pee and eat a couple times a day. ;-)  Wearing the baby in a sling saved my life and my sanity.

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Yes I have a little back pack type thing I wear her in. I can't BF in it tho :(

Quoting stepconfused182:

Do you baby wear? That's pretty essential when you have other little ones who also need tended to!

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Lmao! It's just so demanding. Dd1 wasn't BF and shes never been "needy" so it's quite the adjustment for me.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

with all 4 of my babies, the 3 week growth spurt was my lowest of low points, the moment I doubted why I ever wanted to be a mother at all. Obviously it gets better or there wouldn't be 4 babies to speak of. If memory serves, it lasted a good week. Or I adjusted in a week. I don't know. But I'd rather snuggle with a honey badger than a 3 week old baby. I'm not one to let my babies cry unnecessarily but give yourself permission to pee and eat a couple times a day. ;-)  Wearing the baby in a sling saved my life and my sanity.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Get one you can bf in! It will save your sanity!

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yes I have a little back pack type thing I wear her in. I can't BF in it tho :(

Quoting stepconfused182:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN