Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

really moby? UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 125 Replies
1 mom liked this
I received my wrap on the mail...omg...its just one long length of fabric. I thought it was asssmbled alrwady .-. Im sooo not good at putting stuff together :(

This mobys too mich of a hassle. I had it on good yesterday but now I cant get it right. Seatbelt too lose, cant tie knot infront and when I put autumn in she slips down. Til I can leave house I thrww moby back in its bag and its in the closet put away. Is there anything like the moby but very similar to where it hgs baby and I dont have to wrap or either that can someone sew the Moby together so I can just slip it on?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
5 moms liked this

It is "together"... that's what it IS.   :)   Hence the term "Wrap". 

Youtube has lots of good videos on different wraps for it... their website will as well  (And it may have come with a video?).

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not difficult to do once u get the hang of it. Look up videos and watch them.

svolkov
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Lol youtube or ask a friend
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM
That's what a wrap is! :) Watch a few YouTube videos. Mobys are super easy to use but they can only be used for front carries and only until the baby is around 20lbs. They're too stretchy for anything much past that. Good luck!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies and im gona youtube it. I don't understand the directions.
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Yep :)

Overwhelming huh?!?! Thats how i felt when my woven came in the mail. I just looked at it like holy mother this is supposed to go around me and her and manage to not strangle either one of us! lol.

Like others said youtube some videos. Remember with stretchy wraps its only front carries. If your more comfortable practice with a stuffed animal or doll first, then on the bed or with a spotter until your comfortable.

Good luck

MommyJill87
by Jill on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I never could get it. I returned it and went back to my trusty ergo.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I get easily frusteated amd overwhelmed. Im thinking of selling this or throwing it away. I followed instructions but it doesn't look good.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Overwhelming huh?!?! Thats how i felt when my woven came in the mail. I just looked at it like holy mother this is supposed to go around me and her and manage to not strangle either one of us! lol.

Like others said youtube some videos. Remember with stretchy wraps its only front carries. If your more comfortable practice with a stuffed animal or doll first, then on the bed or with a spotter until your comfortable.

Good luck

xredstarsx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Keep trying, it does get easier. Also you can resell it if you don't get it so don't throw it away.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I get easily frusteated amd overwhelmed. Im thinking of selling this or throwing it away. I followed instructions but it doesn't look good.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Yah i'm a back carry kind of girl. I really prefer to wear my kiddos on my back and when i do occasionally wear on the front i almost always use a ring sling.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting melindabelcher:

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN