Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Teething remedies

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 21 Replies

Would giving my 3 month old orajel and tylenol ruin her virgin gut? She's teething and screaming bloody murder and trying to stick her whole fist in her mouth. Though not as I type this, she's asleep currently. Obviously, they'd be the baby kinds. Teething rings and washrags aren't working anymore, and it's killing me to see her suffer so much. She's my first, and I can't stand seeing her scream. :'(

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM

get a baltic amber teething necklace.. here is what i use in the mean time.. i froze breastmilk inside a bottle nipple.. my older two girls hated those teething rings and found this idea on pinterest and my LO likes it.

summer11baby
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I like the nipple idea! I used to filled binkis with water and freeze them. Its such a small amount of water that they get in their mouth by the time it melts. Most of it just ends up on their shirt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I would be weary of doing those, especially orajel. Have you tried frozeb breastmilk in a meshbag? What about highlands or an amber necklace?
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not use orajel. There is stuff in it that is harmful for small children :( I know that sounds odd but it's not healthy. Personally my pedi freaked when she found out what is truly in it :/
Now instead use hylands teething tablets or Baltic amber teething necklaces :)
Good luck!
IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
This or if you have a pacifier that has a cover for it put it in that and then freeze that :) I had someone tell me that but I didn't have a cover haha but another lady said use a medicine cup put milk in it and then put your pacifier in that and freeze it :)

Quoting mylilprincesses:

get a baltic amber teething necklace.. here is what i use in the mean time.. i froze breastmilk inside a bottle nipple.. my older two girls hated those teething rings and found this idea on pinterest and my LO likes it.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Yes it would be perfect for a soothie paci

Quoting IansMommy2012:

This or if you have a pacifier that has a cover for it put it in that and then freeze that :) I had someone tell me that but I didn't have a cover haha but another lady said use a medicine cup put milk in it and then put your pacifier in that and freeze it :)

Quoting mylilprincesses:

mylilprincesses
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Yes stop.using the orajel here is why
http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm306062.htm

mnmbaby
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I actually haven't given her anything yet, though I did try the water frozen in the binky trick. I think I'll try the breastmilk nipple one, too. A friend of mine actually told me that baby orajel doesn't work and to use the adult kind, but I'm wary to use orajel, period.

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM
No orajel period. Try hylands they are all natural :)

Quoting mnmbaby:

I actually haven't given her anything yet, though I did try the water frozen in the binky trick. I think I'll try the breastmilk nipple one, too. A friend of mine actually told me that baby orajel doesn't work and to use the adult kind, but I'm wary to use orajel, period.

mnmbaby
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Thanks, I'll look for it.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

No orajel period. Try hylands they are all natural :)

Quoting mnmbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)