Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

more pumping q's

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
Should I be pumping? I pump the entire time he eats and get anywhere between 3 and 5 ounces. Is that okay? Also, I know I'm supposed to pump while I'm away from my son but ill be either in the bus or on class. How am I going to pump then and what if I don't will my supply get messed up from nothing coming out twice a week?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
prettymommylove
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:57 AM

that's incredible I've been breastfeeding for 6 months and have never gotten more than 3 ounces, and maybe a nursing cover and a battery operated pump? or slip into the bathroom?

Shygirl951
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
This is all so overwhelming, how am I gonna store the milk in class? I'd be so embarrassed pumping in class or being in the restroom for 10 mins geesh :-/
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Quoting Shygirl951:

Should I be pumping?
As long as you're not driving yourself into engorgement.
I pump the entire time he eats and get anywhere between 3 and 5 ounces. Is that okay?
More than OK. Do expect the amount to drop; that's normal.
Also, I know I'm supposed to pump while I'm away from my son but ill be either in the bus or on class.
How long will you be apart? You might be able to skip. But if you'll be apart long, then you need to schedule pump breaks or be in real pain and leaking.
How am I going to pump then and what if I don't will my supply get messed up from nothing coming out twice a week?
Nope. Not at all. It forever adjusts.

Shygirl951
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Thank you. I'll be away for majority of the day, so I guess I better make some pump time.

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting Shygirl951:

Should I be pumping?
As long as you're not driving yourself into engorgement.
I pump the entire time he eats and get anywhere between 3 and 5 ounces. Is that okay?
More than OK. Do expect the amount to drop; that's normal.
Also, I know I'm supposed to pump while I'm away from my son but ill be either in the bus or on class.
How long will you be apart? You might be able to skip. But if you'll be apart long, then you need to schedule pump breaks or be in real pain and leaking.
How am I going to pump then and what if I don't will my supply get messed up from nothing coming out twice a week?
Nope. Not at all. It forever adjusts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)