Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any good breastfeeding pillows for...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
Larger moms? The Boppy I used for my daughter (and the new one I got for my son) got a pretty bad crease in the middle and it started to affect the way they laid on the pillow to nurse. It went kinda flat, only right in the middle where the crease was. Is that normal for Boppy? I am a bigger mom. About 200 pounds. When I have this new baby in May/June I want a good nursing pillow again, but if there is a better one than Boppy and accommodates moms with bigger waists I would love to give it a try!

Thanks in advance!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ChocolateJunky
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I used the My Breast Friend pillow. It has an adjustable strap that wraps around your lower back with a cushion for back support, too. The one I have is made of memory foam and was helpful in aiding me with tricky positions when dd fractured her collar bone in the birth canal I really only used it for the first few weeks, and just found it was quicker to grab a pillow off of the bed. It was great to have when I was in the hospital after delivery.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I used a jumbo bed pillow.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the mombo pillow. You can only find them at toyrus
Randi02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a big girl, but one of my friends is and she ordered a big one off of Etsy. It easily went around her belly (where she carries most of her weight) and didn't bunch up at all.

summerbear
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM
A big what? Was it a Boppy or a different brand? Thanks.

Quoting Randi02:

I'm not a big girl, but one of my friends is and she ordered a big one off of Etsy. It easily went around her belly (where she carries most of her weight) and didn't bunch up at all.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer bed pillows
Randi02
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Etsy is a site for hand made items. It was custom made.

Quoting summerbear:

A big what? Was it a Boppy or a different brand? Thanks.

Quoting Randi02:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)