Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

vent OH MY GOD STOP PUSHING SOLIDS ON ME

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

this is driving me freakin insane. everyone keeps trying to push solids on me ad rhythm and niether him or I are ready for them! they keep saying he will NOT gain from breastmilk or formula alone and at his age (8 months) he NEEDS to be on solids, no he doesnt! i dont feel comfortable adding solids until he has gained enough weight, my supply has gone up and things are going better, with everything we are going through solids just are not a good idea. i'm sick of hearing all this crap and then i give them the FACTS and they still try and say i'm wrong! its freakin ridiculous. vent over, my bestfriend and my parents are the ones  saying this. ughhh.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Stay strong Momma!! I know my doctor was all for not doing solids even though I did them anyay. He was ready and I needed to be able to eat to keep my milk and he was sooo desperate for my food that wasn't happening. ANyhow just hold to your guns. Nobody knows you and your baby like you do and they can stuff it. Start telling them to do things they are against because they know their kids better than you and see how they like it;)

parentalrights1
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Yes I know. We naively think "oh. People will listen and understand once presented with proven research."

Ha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaScho88
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

A baby doesn't really "need" solids until 12 months old..do what you feel is best, I'm sure I will be getting an earful of this stuff too because I plan to do baby led weaning when my baby is ready to start on solids, which won't be until between 6 and 12 months...people are always ready to shove baby food down my kids throats at 3-4 months, sorry not gonna happen...stick to your guns, smile and thank them for the advice but you will raise your child YOUR way.

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
i am about to change doctors for my kids. The doctor said to give my 2 mo cereal so he will sleep through the night. Oh and also told me to give him pedialite for a cold. So i know how you feel. And my ds gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks so i dont see a point of giving it to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Stop letting it be a debate. Refuse to acknowledge their remarks and don't engage them in conversation if it comes up. You tried to educate them and if didn't work they're not likely to back off anytime soon.

I know what you're going through. I had baby fat on my side though. My DS was 20 lbs by 6 months old and close to 24 by 9 months and that was breastmilk alone. So family couldn't argue that it wasn't enough. He started showing true interest in solids after 9 months and wasn't eating it daily or even regularly until closer to 15 months old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Do you have food allergies in your family?  If you do, then there is your excuse.  :)  Stay strong...I waited for both of mine. :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)