Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sooo....that 3 week growth spurt I'm hearing about...

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Man! He has been an inconsistent eater from day one. But all day today, it seems he is living on the breast. He's crying and nothing soothes except to nurse. I honestly haven't been able to get much of anything done today. How often are these growth spurts and how long do they usually last?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Generally at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months (but they don't always happen, and not always at those ages)... they last 2-4 days.  

At 3 weeks it's a good reminder that you JUST gave birth and need to be resting!   :)

twogirl91
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

It usually takes a couple of days for your milk supply to go up, the reason he is nursing pretty much all day is to get your supply up. My first son pretty much just ate all the time though, he was really inconsistent with his eating schedule. With my second son he eats pretty much every 4 hours on the dot, every baby is different. On thing I wish I had with my first son was a moby wrap, sling or some type of carrier that I could wear him and nurse him so I could still get things done. I have an Ergo for my younger son and I can do dishes or make dinner while wearing him and nursing him, it's very handy. 

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Quoting twogirl91:

It usually takes a couple of days for your milk supply to go up, the reason he is nursing pretty much all day is to get your supply up. My first son pretty much just ate all the time though, he was really inconsistent with his eating schedule. With my second son he eats pretty much every 4 hours on the dot, every baby is different. On thing I wish I had with my first son was a moby wrap, sling or some type of carrier that I could wear him and nurse him so I could still get things done. I have an Ergo for my younger son and I can do dishes or make dinner while wearing him and nursing him, it's very handy. 

Haha, I had the very same experience with both of my boys!  :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Another one at six weeks. Then three months, four months, six months.. and quite possibly often in between.

They last as long as they last.

The ONLY thing you MUST get done is anything related to continued breathing for yourself, baby and anyone who is utterly dependent upon you for life... and even that changes when Dad's home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)