Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I want it to work this time!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 1 Replies

My dh and I just found out that we are expecting our third baby. This was a huge, but very much welcome surprise! I really, really want to exclusively breast feed this time. With dd, my first child, I had no interest in BF'ing, because I didn't know anything about it and I was very modest. With ds, my second child, I tried to breast feed. Ds was born prematurely and spent time in the NICU. I tried everything, went to three different lactation consultants and ds would never latch on. I tried kangaroo care(skin to skin contact) and pumped for 3 months. My milk supply was ridiculous, about 6 oz a day, even with raglan. This time I am determined that this peanut will to get within 10ft of formula, bottles or pacifiers. I haven't even been to my first u/s to determine dd yet, but I'm trying to learn everything I can to have success with BFing. Any tips, advice or anything you could give, I would be so grateful. 

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM

OK. Firt thing you need to know is that what you pump indicates precisely NOTHING. THere are moms who can feed multiples but cannot get ONE DROP from the pump.

Next thing: With every new baby, you're starting from square one and you've NEVER HAD A BABY BEFORE. The older two never happened. **smile**

Head to the bookstore for a copy of "So That's What They're For!" by Janet Tamaro and start reading. 

We've had other preemie moms here and some of them will chime in with suggestions in case it looks like you'll go through that again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)