Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

stood up to her.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know you're suppose to respect your elders butif they dont respect you...oh its awwwn!!! Me anf mybfs grandma butt heads so when our furnace went out, dropped to 62, had to take sleep there...is a nightmare. Im sitting there nursing Autumn. My 2 yr old dd walks in the room and mil says what's baby doing? She's eating. Grandma says, from a bottle. Mil checked her ass and said no from breast no bottle. Hs ha! Then mil leaves..oh boy:
I read online if you eat McDonald's thats what shes eating.
Oh ok.
U need to give bottle. ? It will be easier for u
Noit won't. Breast is easier. I will hold herhowever, she is not spoiled. She needs me. I won't bottle feed. I dont want to wash bottles. Its easier to take breast out to feed her. Stop telling meto bottle feed. I won't do it. Leave it alone please!

She shook her head. Lets see if that got through to her.
Bullshit. U can leave and goout n have fun
My place is here. She needs me, not to be handed to people. I will
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Good for you.

And you can tell her your lactation advisor told you this: You could LIVE on McDs and your milk is STILL perfect. The body merely tears apart the nutrients and puts all the best stuff into the milk. The air you breathe is a bigger worry! 

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Its hard to tell her anything. It doesn't matter if president says it, albert einstrin, researchers or lc says it. If she foesnt agree then its bad. I tried showing her proof butshe says its bullshit. Like I told hrr u cant spoil newborn. That they miss being inside me, the closeness she says bullshit, shes got u wrapped around pjnky figer....right, a newborn baby thatcsnt see, remember or anything is trying manipulate me...

Quoting gdiamante:

Good for you.

And you can tell her your lactation advisor told you this: You could LIVE on McDs and your milk is STILL perfect. The body merely tears apart the nutrients and puts all the best stuff into the milk. The air you breathe is a bigger worry! 

Megadot
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I agree newborns cant be spoiled! if they are hungry they should be feed (would she like to be told no if she wanted something to eat?). And babies are soothed by mommy holding them. Yes if you are super busy then it is okay for them to cry if you have made sure they are feed, dry and burped. But if you can hold them and make them happy why wouldnt you. Besides whats wrong with a little spoiling? Who is it hurting?

Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Good for you, my grandmother is always amazed and in disbelief that I breastfeed. She's not nasty about it but is constantly making little comments about it. Like 'How can you be sure she's getting enough?' Well, she's growing, pooping, and I'll squirt you if you keep asking.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Right! She said it was stupid I bought a moby to carry her.

Quoting Megadot:

I agree newborns cant be spoiled! if they are hungry they should be feed (would she like to be told no if she wanted something to eat?). And babies are soothed by mommy holding them. Yes if you are super busy then it is okay for them to cry if you have made sure they are feed, dry and burped. But if you can hold them and make them happy why wouldnt you. Besides whats wrong with a little spoiling? Who is it hurting?

birdiemom
by Allison on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I have family members that think the moby's crazy, but my mom and I went shopping today, and I wore my *nearly* 1 year old DS for over an hour, and he was happy the whole time. How often is a 1year old happy not moving for 1hour? When he's cuddled to his momma!! You keep ignoring her, and do what you do!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Megadot:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Lol she asked me how many oz is she getting.lol. she said shes too little. !. Shea only 1 day shy of being 3 weeks. Good grief!!!

Quoting Zazayam:

Good for you, my grandmother is always amazed and in disbelief that I breastfeed. She's not nasty about it but is constantly making little comments about it. Like 'How can you be sure she's getting enough?' Well, she's growing, pooping, and I'll squirt you if you keep asking.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Omg that's rare!

Quoting birdiemom:

I have family members that think the moby's crazy, but my mom and I went shopping today, and I wore my *nearly* 1 year old DS for over an hour, and he was happy the whole time. How often is a 1year old happy not moving for 1hour? When he's cuddled to his momma!! You keep ignoring her, and do what you do!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Megadot:

birdiemom
by Allison on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
He loves being held/worn. I get told all the time I'm spoiling him. Well, I can't hold him forever, and they won't be small for long.!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Omg that's rare!

Quoting birdiemom:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Megadot:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol if they're spoiled id rather deal with deal with it later and love it now.

Quoting birdiemom:

He loves being held/worn. I get told all the time I'm spoiling him. Well, I can't hold him forever, and they won't be small for long.!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Omg that's rare!

Quoting birdiemom:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Megadot:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN