Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

bahahaha! re: mil

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 29 Replies
4 moms liked this
My in laws have always said i will stop bf when Aiden gets teeth. I just kept saying yea yea and rolling my eyes. Aiden got his first tooth tuesday. Today was the first time we saw mil. When Aiden was hungry i said lets sit so he can nurse. She was shocked! Then she asked how long i was going to bf (in her mind no bf= baby spending the night with grandma). So i just flat out told her AT LEAST to one year because i don't want to buy formula. She was quiet the rest of the day bahahaha!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Lol thats how I was with my oldest. My youngest I couldnt do it. He bit, hard. And taking away the boob didnt work, so he just stopped at 8 months...

xLilBit22
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Lmfao go momma!! Hahaha
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL funny how people plan things for our kids without thinking um maybe the parents have other plans lol

Ginnygurl97
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Lol. I never thought of using the bf as an excuse that he couldn't stay the night w her. He does take a bottle, of pumped milk of course, when I'm not home and working. But he always nurses to fall asleep at night, and he will not go back to sleep w a bottle.
eatyourveges
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Lol nice

Although I should add that my son spent the night at his grandma's when he was two months old and has only ever had breastmilk.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
We cosleep and he won't sleep without a boob in his face pretty much. He won't sleep next to anyone but me at night. Not even dh.

Quoting eatyourveges:

Lol nice

Although I should add that my son spent the night at his grandma's when he was two months old and has only ever had breastmilk.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Aiden comfort nurses almost all night long! He won't even take a paci at night. He screams as soon as it touches his lips

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

Lol. I never thought of using the bf as an excuse that he couldn't stay the night w her. He does take a bottle, of pumped milk of course, when I'm not home and working. But he always nurses to fall asleep at night, and he will not go back to sleep w a bottle.

shannzuno
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
My mil made 1 comment (to her son when i was in the hospital still) said i was starving my kid, because i took 5min to arrange myself before feeding my son. (I had a c section and was trying to get comfortable) my so didnt tell me till after she left. Mind you baby wasnt crying, it was just about the 2 hour feeding mark. I knew then she wasnt a big supporter on it. Also my aunt made comments about the teeth. Most our families tried to talk it down, the also dont get my choice to erf. Both of ds cousins were turned around at 20lbs, i know one of them wasnt even a year yet.
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Bwahaha Love it! Who's the mom again? Oh yeah me! So stuff it! Lol
bridixon09
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You go girl I hate how the mil think that one little like teeth will make us stop bf

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)