Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

good posture while bf??

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am a new mommy of a beutiful ds a week old. I was wondering If anyone had any tips to help with sore neck and sholders. Mine have been locked up the last few days. My migrane headaces have started coming back I know its from adapting to changes In my body and newness of bf. I have tried hot showers, baths, and my wonderful dh rubbing my neck. Looking for some advice please help.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
piwife
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I do laid back nursing . Also I make sure am always comfy. Pillows lots of support my dd is 9 mts and 20 lbs. But yeah google laid back nursing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabi0921
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Thanks will look that up tonight
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Try to do laid back nursing. Use a nursing pillow or reg pillow to bring baby up to your breast and not lower breast to baby. Once latch is good and you've admired baby for a minute try looking up and just relaxing. Take a minute to meditate. Then you can go back to admiring baby. Once you finish nursing go ahead and stretch really well. Loosen your shoulders and then sit on one hand and pull your head to your shoulder with the other and hold it for a full count of 30. This will really help and if needed see a chiropractor. Your body is also still adjusting to Another drastic change in weight and posture and carriage etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I get killer neck cramps, because I find it too hard not to stare down and watch my little angel eat.. Laying down to feed her helps me.

gabi0921
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Thanks will look that up tonight
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Lean back against some pillows or the couch and latch her on that way--you don't need or want to be fully sitting up or leaning forward or you'll end up with those back and neck cramps you've been experiencing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN