Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

this is why it hurts!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
I have a hole on my nipple! WTF? It looks like someone stabbed my nipple with an ear piercing needle! WHAT IS THIS?!

***I've been nursing on one side then pumping the other and have had to supplement with formula. Trying to give the one side a break since it hurt so bad to nurse.

*** my son is 8 1/2 months old. He just got his teeth. I posted about this on Friday, but I couldn't see what I saw today. I am pumping so I don't lose my milk supply, trying to stay stimulated. The hole is basically a puncture. I've been trying to get a 24/7 breastfeeding hotline but either they've shut down or they arent really 24/7! I've called la leche league twice, first time a really unknowledgable individual answered rudely and no one answered the second time. Ahhh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GremlinMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Bump!
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

How old is baby?  Has he/she been checked for tongue tie?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM

What pump are you using?  How much are you having to supplement?  How are diapers looking? 

AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Ouch!! Is the baby old enough to have teeth?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM

OK, the hole is on which side? The side being pumped? If so, don't pump it. Hand express. Breastmilk on the nipple to heal.

GremlinMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Bump!
GremlinMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Please help? It's a bit hard to explain on my phone, im so sorry. It just is slow typing and annoying. I need to know what I can put on it and how long and how to keep my supply from dropping.
BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Pic? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM

BREASTMILK is what you put on it, as stated above. NO pumping that side. Hand express ONLY. The pump will do more damage.

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I had a sort of "hole" at the base of my nipple a week or so ago. It looked like it had a little chunk missing. I'm guessing it was from my skin being so dry and m son scraping his teeth when he would pull off suddenly.

I nursed from that side, it hurt like the devil. I decided to try to nurse from the good side and hand express from the bad side. I usually nursed from the bad side maybe once or twice a day just to make sure I kept it empty.

I put breast milk on the bad side and left it open to air most of the time. I also used a little lanolin to help with the dryness. When I had to work, I wore shells to keep the fabric off of the sore side.

Now, happy to say, the "hole" is closed. It's still a little tender sometimes when he nurses, but it's getting better.

Sorry so long! Hope it gets better for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)