Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Jaundice?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my daughter is 7 months old and her nose is kinda orangey yellow at first my mom said it was because i was feeding her too much carrots or squash so i stopped feeding her so much of that and gave her green things more it went away but then came back so now im wondering can a 7 month old get jaundice or is this a newborn thing? I also read that it could be shes not getting enough breastmilk but she eats whenever she wants. also something in her pigment could be too high? im not sire whats going on but she has an appt next weds just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
missyice
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
It is possible for adults to get jaundice , so not impossible for a 7 month old. I have no other thoughts on what it could be, hope someone else can help! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Too much keratin can cause an orangey color but if you aren't feeding her orange things anymore i would make an appt with the pedi asap. She may need blood work done to check liver function
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

If it is just her nose I wouldn't worry...it's probably a fluke.  If she was becoming jaundiced you would see it in the whites of her eyes.  If her eyes are nice and white...I wouldn't even worry.

Sfrazier
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Yes her eyes are white and its just her nose i still feed her orange things every now and then but not a lot im going to ask her pedi when we go. She seems to feel fine not extra tired or acting like she doesnt feel good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)