Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Question about sore on breast

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I had my daughter about 2 weeks ago, and we have been doing really well nursing and finally have hit that point where my nipples are no longer sore.. Except my left breast has a bit of a sore on it from her previously latching incorrectly and every time we nurse on that side it hurts so bad.. How do I heal it up when I have to nurse every 2 hrs or so?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Megadot
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure your nipples are completly dry after feeding, apply some of your own bm on the nipple and let it air dry, after that I would suggest a nipple cream so you dont get a hard scab. I let mine scab up and break open and it took 2 months to heal completly and it hurt like a raw nerve every feeding. I suggest taking ibuprofen for the pain as well it wont take it away completley but it will help. Also if you want you can feed her from one side and let the other heal and just hand express milk until its better. It would heal faster that way, but if you are not comfortable with not feeding her on that side then just make sure she is latching correctly and take care of your nipples after she eats, and make sure you dry them and use nipple cream after every feeding until the sore is gone. good luck :)

CassaNova
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Bump
Megadot
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM

PS if you use breast pads make sure they stay dry, expose your nipple to the air as much a possible too. Sit with a towel under your boob or a diaper over in case you are worried about leaking. :)

CassaNova
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Thank you very much!

Quoting Megadot:

PS if you use breast pads make sure they stay dry, expose your nipple to the air as much a possible too. Sit with a towel under your boob or a diaper over in case you are worried about leaking. :)

Megadot
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM

No problem :)

Quoting CassaNova:

Thank you very much!

Quoting Megadot:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN