Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so fursterated with people asking me if my

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM
  • 60 Replies
8 moms liked this
2 mo is sleeping through the night yet. No he wakes up 2 or 3 times a night. he will sleep through the night when he wants to. I am not going to train him to sleep through the night at 2 mo. Ok vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM
2 moms liked this
How can anyone expect a 2 month old to sleep through the night? That's crazy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM

What? Sleeping through the night at 2 months? Who are these people? 

sissy852
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM
my mom and friends at church

Quoting LHummel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Haha. Sheesh. Well i was assuming it was all non-moms but guess not. My daughter was still waking up every 3 hours until she was at least 4 months old to nurse. And nursing for 15-20 minutes. She was a hungry girl. I've heard of some kids who do sleep through the night early on their own. However, you are so right not to train him to sleep through the night yet. He is still at the I cry for needs only age. 

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I always get people telling me that it gets better... I don't know if I have a deranged look on my face or what but something compels these people to reassure me. In my mind, I'm always thinking "she's two weeks old. No, it doesn't."
sissy852
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM
the thing that gets me is all the people asking are all moms.

Quoting LHummel:

Haha. Sheesh. Well i was assuming it was all non-moms but guess not. My daughter was still waking up every 3 hours until she was at least 4 months old to nurse. And nursing for 15-20 minutes. She was a hungry girl. I've heard of some kids who do sleep through the night early on their own. However, you are so right not to train him to sleep through the night yet. He is still at the I cry for needs only age. 

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I think moms forget. Even those with young children. I remember questions like that getting to me too. Also the " all you have to do is ...." Statements. Ugh! Just remember how they make you feel and don't do that to other moms. :) 

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a friend who bragged about her ability to ignore a crying baby at night. She even offered to come over to my house and ignore my baby since I didn't have the guts to do it. That is true. I am wired with the INSTINCT to answer my child's cries. ;-). They cry for food and they cry for comfort and I won't deny either. My best best sleeper of 4 kids hit 5 hour stretches (considered "sleeping through the night") at 8 months. My other 3 kids hit that between 15 months and 18 months.

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

Quoting sissy852:

Quoting LHummel:

Jers.
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Both my kids slept through the night by one month.  They were both over nine pounds and I honestly think it had something to do with it.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Lol I didn't mean impossible. You didn't expect them to, they just naturally did it.

Quoting Jers.:

Both my kids slept through the night by one month.  They were both over nine pounds and I honestly think it had something to do with it.

Quoting Starshine-bela:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)