Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I am so fursterated with people asking me if my

Posted by   + Show Post
2 mo is sleeping through the night yet. No he wakes up 2 or 3 times a night. he will sleep through the night when he wants to. I am not going to train him to sleep through the night at 2 mo. Ok vent over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Replies (51-60):
celestegood
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My three year old still wakes to nurse one or two times a night. Until he was two he got up every hour to two hours all night. They sleep through when they are ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I think a lot of women suffer from baby amnesia. I mean, who would have a baby if they remembered the pain of childbirth and the endless years of sleepless nights?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

LIE. Tell them YES. And don't elaborate.

It gets them off your back.

midjet117
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

its ok my3 yr old still wakes at night, heck even my husband is up and down half the night lol

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Mine is 9 wks old and people ask me the same thing.  I get the feeling they are just trying to make conversation, because when I answer "no" they seem to nod in agreement, as if they already knew the answer;)

sissy852
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM
my dh is up and down as well. He has ptsd so he has bad dreams all the time.

Quoting midjet117:

its ok my3 yr old still wakes at night, heck even my husband is up and down half the night lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenoon
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:24 AM

my son is almost 5 months old and I dont expect him to sleep through the night at least till he is 2 like his sister. Im not in a hurry.

mn24
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM
My 15 month old just started sleeping thru the night this month and people have been asking me about it forever! I used to just say no but it didn't bother me much - I found them to be less judgemental about it and more feeling pity for me (which I didn't need!).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mitzi31
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

OMG I know!!! I get that all the time too and have since dd was about that age. SHe's almost 7 months now. I still hate hearing that cause they EXPECT her to be sleeping through the night and of course I get this crap about "if you'd give her solid foods or give her some rice/cereals she'd sleep better at night". She sleeps fine. She wakes up 1 - 3 times a night to nurse and she goes right back to sleep. It's not bothering me. Not to the point I'd give her something cause of it.

mamala23
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I get that all the time with my 51/2 month old daughter- and with a smile I say not even a little bit! I feed on demand and she nurses all night (I keep that info to myself bc I don't need to hear any unwanted advice) I am fine with that...bf babies need to be close to their mommy and most people don't get that babies nurse for more than just food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)