Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else struggling with self confidence living with their post-pregnancy body?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 60 Replies

Granted I am only 5 weeks post partum but lord...

I was a slim 125 before I got pregnant. Toned, athletic, lean. My heaviest during pregnancy was a plump and swollen 194....my final weigh in was 187.

After I gave birth to my daughter, I dropped down almost immediately to 160, which was a nice surprise...but then even with healthy eating I plataeud.

And not to mention....I went from a full A cup to a DD by the end of the third trimester. I am a D now...and the skin around my breasts could NOT handle the pressure. I feel like I am the only 20 year old woman who is going to have saggy, lifeless boobs. I get out of the shower and it's hard to see myself. I never fully appreciated the body I had until it was gone. I know I need to be more active, need to get a stroller but..

I feel like I will NEVER really feel beautiful again. I am headed to Bike Week with my SO in March and I will be watching a bunch of almost naked women parading around in chaps and bikinis on bikes..and I won't be able to fit into mine.

Sigh. Ladies?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dleon621
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 130 before my second pregnancy and gained 60lbs.So I know exactly how you are feeling and im 23 years old.I was 190lbs when I had my daughter 7 months ago.After 6 weeks check up I lost 20lbs.I exclusively breastfeed and I am still breastfeeding and she is 7 months old and I am now 150 lbs.I am determined to get back to my 130 weight.I changed my diet and ate 6 small meals throughout the day.I excercised when I could to tone my body,even if I had to walk everywhere with the baby I did it.My boobs are softer then usually and thats normal.theres excercises to tone your breast glands.but normally it takes about a year to lose the baby weight.I have positive support from my fiancee always telling me im doing a great job eating healthier and finding energy and time to work out.if u need any advice pm me anytime.Im pretty sure u will do just fine and remember it takes time to lose the weight and you are a mommy now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

yup. but everyone keeps reiterating that it took 9 months to put it on, so itll take at least 9 months to get it off. 

skylarkdancer
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I'm 25, I have horrible stretch marks on my belly. I hate them. Still have the extra skin that looks wrinkly on my belly. Not near what I did.right after. My dd is almost 15 months. I've already started looking at those vintage style one piece bathing suits cause I won't be wearing a bikini. Sigh....makes me sad. I loved my tone smooth looking belly. Gone are those days. But I love my dd, she was worth it, its just hard sometimes self image is a bitch.
Aireeahnah
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Thank you...really. Just nice to know someone was in the same boat as me. I know everything will take time it's just frustrating in a way. My SO stayed perfectly toned and slim the entire time and I had to watch myself turn into a whale. lol. :)

Quoting dleon621:

I was 130 before my second pregnancy and gained 60lbs.So I know exactly how you are feeling and im 23 years old.I was 190lbs when I had my daughter 7 months ago.After 6 weeks check up I lost 20lbs.I exclusively breastfeed and I am still breastfeeding and she is 7 months old and I am now 150 lbs.I am determined to get back to my 130 weight.I changed my diet and ate 6 small meals throughout the day.I excercised when I could to tone my body,even if I had to walk everywhere with the baby I did it.My boobs are softer then usually and thats normal.theres excercises to tone your breast glands.but normally it takes about a year to lose the baby weight.I have positive support from my fiancee always telling me im doing a great job eating healthier and finding energy and time to work out.if u need any advice pm me anytime.Im pretty sure u will do just fine and remember it takes time to lose the weight and you are a mommy now

CafeMom Tickers
Aireeahnah
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I getchya. It's always worth it in the end...but it doesn't make it too much easier when you're having a bad day. I think part of what makes it so hard for me (and probably you too) is being so young, with friends who  have slender figures and perfect skin to boot. They can choose to diet too, if they feel like they need to 'lose a few', while I am stuck still recovering, soon to start back exercising, but I can not set a quick weight loss pace as I am breastfeeding. :( I will be right there with you..out on Daytona beach in a sundress or a one piece with shorts. ;c

Quoting skylarkdancer:

I'm 25, I have horrible stretch marks on my belly. I hate them. Still have the extra skin that looks wrinkly on my belly. Not near what I did.right after. My dd is almost 15 months. I've already started looking at those vintage style one piece bathing suits cause I won't be wearing a bikini. Sigh....makes me sad. I loved my tone smooth looking belly. Gone are those days. But I love my dd, she was worth it, its just hard sometimes self image is a bitch.

CafeMom Tickers
dleon621
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM
You are welcome!!i know its frustrating,i completely understand.Men gets it so easily.lucky,lucky,lucky.Shoot its all in the genes I must say.plus remember because we are breastfeeding it gives most of us women a plus and burns an extra 500 calories!!i didnt notice the weight lose physically until my munchkin was 6 months old.

Quoting Aireeahnah:

Thank you...really. Just nice to know someone was in the same boat as me. I know everything will take time it's just frustrating in a way. My SO stayed perfectly toned and slim the entire time and I had to watch myself turn into a whale. lol. :)

Quoting dleon621:

justone_jen
by Jen on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Me too, all of it (right down to the swimsuit, lol!), except my daughter is 12 months.

Quoting skylarkdancer:

Aireeahnah
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe someone needs to start a Sexy Stretch Mark Club.

We can all hang out by the pool together without feeling self conscious around all the ''skinny bitches''. Ha. :)

Quoting justone_jen:

Me too, all of it (right down to the swimsuit, lol!), except my daughter is 12 months.

Quoting skylarkdancer:

CafeMom Tickers
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I've always had self image issues. I was raised with an extremely verbally abusive step father. I've never been skinny. I was always the curvy girl. By 7th grade I has hips, an ass, and a C cup bra. I grew so fast I got stretch marks on my boobs, hips, and butt. I have tried to stay in shape with every pregnancy, but I gain a ton every time. So my belly looks like a road map. now after 4 kids, my self image issues haven't gotten better. If anything, its probably worse. I cry when I have to get on a scale, or try on clothes. I just got asked to be maid if honor at a wedding in September, and I'm freaking out. I don't want to go dress shopping with the bride. I think I need therapy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

It is so frustrated, I wasn't that skinny before pregnancy, I was 147lb, max weight during pregnancy was like 176lb, my DS is 6 months old now I'm back on my pre-pregnancy weight but OMG my shape is not the same at all. I had a C-section, so my OB told me I shouldn't exercise the first 6 months, I'm looking for something to do because I tried out diets but I was very hungry all the time, I do eat healthier but I don't really like what I see in the bathroom mirror after shower either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)