Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Anyone else struggling with self confidence living with their post-pregnancy body?

Posted by   + Show Post

Granted I am only 5 weeks post partum but lord...

I was a slim 125 before I got pregnant. Toned, athletic, lean. My heaviest during pregnancy was a plump and swollen 194....my final weigh in was 187.

After I gave birth to my daughter, I dropped down almost immediately to 160, which was a nice surprise...but then even with healthy eating I plataeud.

And not to mention....I went from a full A cup to a DD by the end of the third trimester. I am a D now...and the skin around my breasts could NOT handle the pressure. I feel like I am the only 20 year old woman who is going to have saggy, lifeless boobs. I get out of the shower and it's hard to see myself. I never fully appreciated the body I had until it was gone. I know I need to be more active, need to get a stroller but..

I feel like I will NEVER really feel beautiful again. I am headed to Bike Week with my SO in March and I will be watching a bunch of almost naked women parading around in chaps and bikinis on bikes..and I won't be able to fit into mine.

Sigh. Ladies?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

You really have to research into it to find all the healthy alternatives. If you have a lot of time to cook at home it gets easier...but if you don't, it can be quite rough. Not a lot of vegan options come pre made like the other junk you find in stores. Sad but true.

But, if you get a chance to try it out again...the results are awesome! Just takes a while to get used to. I was vegetarian for 5 years and vegan for 1. I had to give it up when I got pregnant because I moved out on my own and could no longer afford the organic and vegan foods on such a small paycheck. Getting protein for my baby was more important.

I wish you luck on your journey. We can see each other progress with great results once we get moving again! :)

Quoting turttlemom:

Thanks, Hope so...

My mom is trying/starting into the vegan thing / philosophy and I had tried too but it was so hard to me, my mom is on transition anyway, 

Quoting Aireeahnah:

I'm tellin you...I don't think it's possible to diet and NOT be hungry. Doctors lie to you...

I have never been on a diet and not been starving for a long time before my body got used to it. As a vegan I ate CONSTANTLY but it was all empty calories and I felt like I was eating myself 24 hrs a day.

Once you're able to start exercising again I am sure that your shape will come back c:

Quoting turttlemom:

It is so frustrated, I wasn't that skinny before pregnancy, I was 147lb, max weight during pregnancy was like 176lb, my DS is 6 months old now I'm back on my pre-pregnancy weight but OMG my shape is not the same at all. I had a C-section, so my OB told me I shouldn't exercise the first 6 months, I'm looking for something to do because I tried out diets but I was very hungry all the time, I do eat healthier but I don't really like what I see in the bathroom mirror after shower either

CafeMom Tickers
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM

That is why was so hard, I work full time, sometimes I was so tired to cook or if SO cooked he made what I told him but chicken added or fish added.

My mom is trying because of the health benefits, she has migrain and other pains, she is not very old, she is 49 yo, but has been taking a lot of med and she still feels bad, now she is feeling great.

Quoting Aireeahnah:

You really have to research into it to find all the healthy alternatives. If you have a lot of time to cook at home it gets easier...but if you don't, it can be quite rough. Not a lot of vegan options come pre made like the other junk you find in stores. Sad but true.

But, if you get a chance to try it out again...the results are awesome! Just takes a while to get used to. I was vegetarian for 5 years and vegan for 1. I had to give it up when I got pregnant because I moved out on my own and could no longer afford the organic and vegan foods on such a small paycheck. Getting protein for my baby was more important.

I wish you luck on your journey. We can see each other progress with great results once we get moving again! :)

Quoting turttlemom:

Thanks, Hope so...

My mom is trying/starting into the vegan thing / philosophy and I had tried too but it was so hard to me, my mom is on transition anyway, 

Quoting Aireeahnah:

I'm tellin you...I don't think it's possible to diet and NOT be hungry. Doctors lie to you...

I have never been on a diet and not been starving for a long time before my body got used to it. As a vegan I ate CONSTANTLY but it was all empty calories and I felt like I was eating myself 24 hrs a day.

Once you're able to start exercising again I am sure that your shape will come back c:

Quoting turttlemom:

It is so frustrated, I wasn't that skinny before pregnancy, I was 147lb, max weight during pregnancy was like 176lb, my DS is 6 months old now I'm back on my pre-pregnancy weight but OMG my shape is not the same at all. I had a C-section, so my OB told me I shouldn't exercise the first 6 months, I'm looking for something to do because I tried out diets but I was very hungry all the time, I do eat healthier but I don't really like what I see in the bathroom mirror after shower either

ProudMama011613
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey there! Im literally right there with you! Im 6 weeks postpartum, i started out my pregnancy at 144, ended my pregnancy at 186, and dropped immediately down to 159 afterwards. The very next day i confusingly went back up to 165 - and there i have stayed ever since. I have stretch marks that look like i got mauled by a tiger all over my sides and all over my stomach, and i have the saggy belly pooch and slightly saggy boobs ( i only went up from a B to a C) And the truth is I dont mind any of it! It's
not about me anymore. My life is about my 6 week old baby boy =) I have zero issues with how my body has been transformed. I was changed into a baby making machine and now I am his food source =) I have never felt so humbled and honored to be used this way by God and to serve such a wonderful purpose. Life shouldnt be wasted on image obsession! There was a time that I looked desireable to the eye and now is the time that I dont anymore =). Things are constantly changing, and there is a time for everything! God bless!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You're absolutely right. Sometime's I just get too concerned with what others thing about me and I get caught up in the hype that is everyday life and society's views on the world. But they don't have to be my own.

I do get the feelings you talk about when I am breastfeeding, that's for sure. There's nothing like a little coo to make everything feel better.

Thank you for the uplifting spirits. I hope you pass such wonderful words on to other women as well!

Quoting ProudMama011613:

Hey there! Im literally right there with you! Im 6 weeks postpartum, i started out my pregnancy at 144, ended my pregnancy at 186, and dropped immediately down to 159 afterwards. The very next day i confusingly went back up to 165 - and there i have stayed ever since. I have stretch marks that look like i got mauled by a tiger all over my sides and all over my stomach, and i have the saggy belly pooch and slightly saggy boobs ( i only went up from a B to a C) And the truth is I dont mind any of it! It's
not about me anymore. My life is about my 6 week old baby boy =) I have zero issues with how my body has been transformed. I was changed into a baby making machine and now I am his food source =) I have never felt so humbled and honored to be used this way by God and to serve such a wonderful purpose. Life shouldnt be wasted on image obsession! There was a time that I looked desireable to the eye and now is the time that I dont anymore =). Things are constantly changing, and there is a time for everything! God bless!

CafeMom Tickers
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I hate my body and i'm afraid i'll wean earlier than i wanted so i can diet
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Very much soo. I've never been skinny by any means but since I've had 3 kinds in 5 years I have extra skin in places I don't want it. Also it's sad when my soon to be 5 year old asked me why I have 2 butts. One in the front and one in the back. *tear*
lifeforchrist
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Firstly you are 5weeks postpartum!! Stop looking at your body and look at that miracle of life you brought into this world. Expecting to look awesome 5weeks postpartum is absurd. EVery woman takes a different amount of time to lose their pregnancy weight. It takes me precisely 9 months to lose mine. Some more some less. I think you need to redefine what beautiful in a woman is. Expecting a woman to look like a Victoria Secrets model their entire life is unrealistic and we seem to be the only country that thinks it is realistic. 80% of the world thinks the most beautiful women are 'plump' by American standards. Your body changes after pregnancy, you are a mother now and that makes you 10000x more beautiful than you were before baby.

egrzesik91
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM

theshapeofamother.com

Your body will NEVER be the same but that is normal for having a child. Since your breasts actually mature once the milk comes in, they aren't as perky and whatnot. Knowing that is normal, helps me. Stretch marks fade and I have them everywhere. Get a routine going for healthy eating and snacking constantly boosts your metabolism and helps to gently dip into your fat stores to lose the fat and keep it off. 

gizmo538
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I hate my body. I'm pregnant again but I haven't lost any of the weight from my last pregnancy. I also have stretch marks I can't get rid of. They make me cry :(

piwife
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I have 3 kids and am still very insecure... so no help here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)