Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else struggling with self confidence living with their post-pregnancy body?

Posted by   + Show Post

Granted I am only 5 weeks post partum but lord...

I was a slim 125 before I got pregnant. Toned, athletic, lean. My heaviest during pregnancy was a plump and swollen 194....my final weigh in was 187.

After I gave birth to my daughter, I dropped down almost immediately to 160, which was a nice surprise...but then even with healthy eating I plataeud.

And not to mention....I went from a full A cup to a DD by the end of the third trimester. I am a D now...and the skin around my breasts could NOT handle the pressure. I feel like I am the only 20 year old woman who is going to have saggy, lifeless boobs. I get out of the shower and it's hard to see myself. I never fully appreciated the body I had until it was gone. I know I need to be more active, need to get a stroller but..

I feel like I will NEVER really feel beautiful again. I am headed to Bike Week with my SO in March and I will be watching a bunch of almost naked women parading around in chaps and bikinis on bikes..and I won't be able to fit into mine.

Sigh. Ladies?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (51-60):
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Heidi Klum is a damn freak of nature. I refuse to compare my self to her.

Quoting conweis:

I went from 115 to 183. After a month I lost 27 lbs. OMG you are not the only one. This is baby #4 and I still miss my 110 lbs size 1. It has been two months and my ass is still too huge. I wanna cry. How come Heidi Klum could do the cat walk after a month?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aireeahnah
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The part I underlined really got my attention.

I love cultures like that. Why can't we have more of those ideals in the US instead of trading acceptance for plastic surgery?

Thank you...everything you wrote really is true. And lovely for inspiring someone to keep their chin up. :)

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting Aireeahnah:

Granted I am only 5 weeks post partum but lord...

You're expecting WAYY too much too soon.

I was a slim 125 before I got pregnant. Toned, athletic, lean. My heaviest during pregnancy was a plump and swollen 194....my final weigh in was 187.

After I gave birth to my daughter, I dropped down almost immediately to 160, which was a nice surprise...but then even with healthy eating I plataeud.

Normal. You actually lost a LOT. Be warned... pounds dropped that fast tend to come BACK. And bring friends. SO look at healthy eating. WEIGHT WATCHERS.

And not to mention....I went from a full A cup to a DD by the end of the third trimester. I am a D now...and the skin around my breasts could NOT handle the pressure. I feel like I am the only 20 year old woman who is going to have saggy, lifeless boobs.

Nope. I've mentioned this elsewhere... my Italian family considers women who DON'T have saggy boobs to be pitiful creatures who haven't really lived. Saggy breasts are a badge of HONOR and non-saggy breasts are a sign of immaturity, in that lexicon. A woman who doesn't sag doesn't get taken seriously. (Shoulda seen both my grandmothers... they were sort of like ships with enormous prows!)

I get out of the shower and it's hard to see myself. I never fully appreciated the body I had until it was gone. I know I need to be more active, need to get a stroller but..

I feel like I will NEVER really feel beautiful again. I am headed to Bike Week with my SO in March and I will be watching a bunch of almost naked women parading around in chaps and bikinis on bikes..and I won't be able to fit into mine.

Don't envy them. PITY THEM. They're seeking what you HAVE... someone who loves you and a BABY.

Sigh. Ladies?

CafeMom Tickers
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

It's rough, but I've worked really hard on reframing my mental image of myself--this body has grown and nourished two babies who are the joy of my life.  Sometimes seeing a celeb who has every resource in the world available to her and still carries a little baby belly skin helps, too.  If Julia Roberts, gorgeous woman that she is, is okay with it, I htink that I can be, too:

MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I have the same problem. I was 130 before I got pregnant with my second also and at 9 months pregnant I weighed 168. After she was born, my belly shrunk down quite a bit and looking at me I look like I am back down to pretty much what I was but everyone else sees me in clothes. When I see myself in the mirror after showers I want to cry. My belly just does not look the same nor do my thighs, butt, etc. My husband tells me I am beautiful but I feel like he says it cause he feels like he has to. I weighed myself the other day and I am still 154. UGH... I breastfeed and people always said that I would loose it so fast breastfeeding but my baby girl is 4 weeks and its still not gone. I know I am being impatient but I just want to have my pre-pregnancy body back. I want to feel pretty and thin again. I guess this is a  normal feeling though seeing so many others that feel the same.

midjet117
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM

aww its ok, my boobs have always sagged. I'm 28 now. Victorias secret is a wonderful thing though lol

midjet117
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM

its ok, i'm a size 1/2 and i have stretch marks on my boobs, hips and ass.  they all showed up after i got pregnant, but eh, no ones perfect. 

muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I was overweight and struggling with body issues before pregnancy. I came out of the hospital only weighing 2 lbs more than my pre- pregnancy weight, and have dropped since, but i still struggle. Everyday. Most days, i can't look at myself in the mirror. And there has yet to come a day that i understand how my SO finds me attractive in the least.

I sympathize completely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Hugs, mama. It took me years and I'm still trying to figure it out. Working out and doing things that make me feel good about what my body can do have helped.

AMartin81
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I completely understand how your feeling. I've struggled with weight issues and an eating disorder for the past 7 years. Getting pregnant was such a hard decision bc I was scared I would regress but my husband really wanted another baby. Pregnancy was hard but bc I knew I was growing a life inside of me It was easy not to do anything harmful. But now I'm 6 months pp and still 20 lbs away from my pre pregnany weight and boy am I depressed. Since I still breastfeed I can't do my normal diet tricks to lose the weight so everyday I hate looking at myself. My oldest is 11 yrs old and I don't want her to ever feel this way about her body so I've gotten really good at hiding my weight issues but it's so hard!!! 

Myruhbel
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Ob my you barely are out of the woods as in post pregnancy weight and all! Thats depressing me even more. I was 125 prepregnancy and i had my baby August 3rd and i'm 154! Still wearing maternity jeans and struggling and jumping up and down to fit into my d jeans. When i sit down or bend down in my old jeans my crack shows and yeah i got a draft. It isnt Miller's genuine draft either. Ugh. Heh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)