Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Natrual uses for orange peels? (Obviously OT:)

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My kids are constantly peeling Cuties Clementines, and leaving orange peels everywhere! Luckily, they aren't that gross, don't turn brown or anything, aren't mushy or messy, so I don't really mind.

My DD is 2 1/2 & my older boy is 9 but has Special Needs. Sure having them clean up orange peels every 10 minutes all day everyday sounds like great fun and a positive way to spend our day, but ultimately, I don't wanna!! 

But I was just thinking, there's gotta be something I can do with them to make the house smell good or make some kinda natural cleaning product or something??

Any bright ideas?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I just saw a post on fb about making a solution with orange peels and vodka. It was on fb and i can't c and p mobile. :( maybe google it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM

You can make an orange oil cleaner but I don't know how. I put them in indoor and outdoor plants to keep my cat and neighborhood cats out of them. Cats usually hate citrus

BabyFruit Ticker

liss05
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I throw them down my garbage disposal to freshen it up.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Garbage disposal to freshen or put them in a pot of boiling water with cloves and it'll make the house smell wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Put them in netting and hang them in closets. You can add cedar shavings and/or cloves to this. Use them with a soft cloth to polish shoes and furniture---test in an inconspicuous spot first.
Ammie25
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Lovin' all the ideas. Keep'm coming!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN