Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natrual uses for orange peels? (Obviously OT:)

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

My kids are constantly peeling Cuties Clementines, and leaving orange peels everywhere! Luckily, they aren't that gross, don't turn brown or anything, aren't mushy or messy, so I don't really mind.

My DD is 2 1/2 & my older boy is 9 but has Special Needs. Sure having them clean up orange peels every 10 minutes all day everyday sounds like great fun and a positive way to spend our day, but ultimately, I don't wanna!! 

But I was just thinking, there's gotta be something I can do with them to make the house smell good or make some kinda natural cleaning product or something??

Any bright ideas?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
maggiandmike
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I just saw a post on fb about making a solution with orange peels and vodka. It was on fb and i can't c and p mobile. :( maybe google it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM

You can make an orange oil cleaner but I don't know how. I put them in indoor and outdoor plants to keep my cat and neighborhood cats out of them. Cats usually hate citrus

BabyFruit Ticker

liss05
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I throw them down my garbage disposal to freshen it up.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Garbage disposal to freshen or put them in a pot of boiling water with cloves and it'll make the house smell wonderful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Put them in netting and hang them in closets. You can add cedar shavings and/or cloves to this. Use them with a soft cloth to polish shoes and furniture---test in an inconspicuous spot first.
Ammie25
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Lovin' all the ideas. Keep'm coming!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN