Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No more bottles = no more breast

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
So according to my mother -_- since ds2 is a year old and needs to stop using bottles, he need to stop breast feeding too! I couldn't believe she said that, as if the two things are even remotely related.smh! I just looked at her like she was dumb and said they weren't the same and he would quit when he was ready. I wish people that gave "information" would actually do research first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eagerforbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Crazy. My mom gives me grief about wanting to nurse past one, yet she gave my sister a bottle until 3! That really makes no sense to me.
butterflycircle
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately breastfeeding has become kind of taboo. You do what you believe is best for your child. Hopefully in the near future breastfeeding will be the norm again : )

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I recently read that someone was informed by an orthodontist that breastfeeding to 2 or 3 helped with proper pallet formation. That could save you $5k+ on braces!!!
momma_hambrook
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Lucky your only getting drief on going pass a year... My mom don't think I should go pass 6 months... I told her my baby and my boobs...

Quoting eagerforbaby:

Crazy. My mom gives me grief about wanting to nurse past one, yet she gave my sister a bottle until 3! That really makes no sense to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I feel so blessed to have a mother that extended breast fed my sister and I and is so supportive of me. Also, I was raised in a family where almost all the women breast fed. So I didn't even realize there were women who didnt do that for the longest time. Its silly to me that something so natural and healthy is looked down upon so much. 

midjet117
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

i stopped bottle feeding my daughter at 1, and just fed on demand, it was my attempt at weaning. I dont know why some ppl think the two go hand and hand. 

BennyBaby09
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
She has been after me to quit for a few months now. She also doesn't think I should still be nursing in public because he is so big (27lbs 13 months) because its gross. I don't get how it would be ok if he was smaller/younger but not anymore. What makes it gross all of the sudden?
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Breastfeeding at least 2 years is the single best way to prevent the baby from needing braces.

Unfortunately for me, my kids are missing adult teeth like me so need braces to make space for an implant in the future.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I recently read that someone was informed by an orthodontist that breastfeeding to 2 or 3 helped with proper pallet formation. That could save you $5k+ on braces!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shay1327
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My MIL asks me all the time when I'm going to stop Bf-ing my 18 month old. I tell her to ask him because I'm not stopping until he weans himself. She thinks that's the only reason why I won't let him spend the night, when really I just don't want to be away from my baby that long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
This REALLY sold my husband on full term breastfeeding! His teeth are a hot mess, and he wants braces as an adult. If we can save our child from serious head gear, that will be awesome!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN