Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

She's 3 months old on the 20th. For a little over a week she's been drooling pretty bad, but the last 2 days she is suddently real fussy. She's usually a very content and happy baby, i've considered myself lucky so far. Besides the fussiness she started not eat well. She will act hungry and when i try to breastfeed her or give a bottle she will be okay for a minute, but then keeps pushing it out and crying, and repeats until she falls asleep. This morning she felt warm, so i took her temp and it was 99.9. I feel horrible because she seems so uncomfortable and i can't fix it!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Teething, maybe?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Sounds like teething, could be a cold. Spend lots of time holding baby, preferable skin to skin, to encourage nursing. Avoid bottles unless you are away from baby or you could end up with more serious breast refusal problems.

lilybud1120
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Oops, it was suppose to say teething or sick!

Quoting MamaToCollin:

Teething, maybe?

LHummel
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Sounds like teething to me. My daughter started at that age. Hylands teething tabs are fabulous. They disolve under their tongues and work practically instantly. I actually used them on myself when I needed a root canal they were awesome. But it never hurts that if you think she's sick to call the doctor.  

ferne3
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM

This!  Slight fever, disinterest in feeding and fussiness all sound like teething.  My husband is incredibly suspicious to such claims, but since I was afraid of the warnings I heard of Orajel (if swallowed it numbs the throat and impairs natural gag reflex, possibly leading to choking) I got Hyland's when our DD started teething.  Now he is the biggest advocate of Hyland's.  The only time it wasn't enough was when her molars came in.  Otherwise, those things are a godsend.  Good luck - I know it is hard to see our precious oes in pain with little we can do about it.

Quoting LHummel:

Sounds like teething to me. My daughter started at that age. Hylands teething tabs are fabulous. They disolve under their tongues and work practically instantly. I actually used them on myself when I needed a root canal they were awesome. But it never hurts that if you think she's sick to call the doctor.  

becky1109
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM

def sounds like teething! wet baby washclothes- wring them out and freeze !

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Sounds like some teeting or a little virus.  Keep offering the breast.  You are fixing it by loving her, caring for her and breastfeeding her.

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM

3 month growth spurt ad teething

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Sounds like teething and those tablets got my vote. My LO has been teething and we started giving him the tablets last night. They are amazing! He nurses and then falls right to sleep after them. Just whatever you do, NO orajel. Good luck, hope she feels better
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)