Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding/period question

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
My baby is 11 months. She is still mostly breastfed but does get solids when we eat. She is fed on demand. I have had a regular period for the last 5 months and a irregular for a month or two before that. Right now my period is 8 days late. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative.

Have any of you experienced having a regular period then not while breastfeeding?

I don't feel pregnant either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
becky1109
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

i didnt have any period til my son turned 14 months!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Yes, normal to go back and forth. 

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Yes--with my first, it came back at 3 months when he slept through the night for a while, then went away again when I realized he still needed to feed at night and er started co-sleeping. With DD, I didn't start until she was eight months old, but I was very irregular for a couple of years after that
mn24
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I had that happen to me too -- I started getting my period again like 3 mos pp and I was EFB. Then at about 6 months I was like 2 weeks late and at my 6 month pp appointment my doctor took a blood test which came back neg for pregnancy and also found that I didn't even ovulate that month. My dr said it's all the hormones from breast feeding.
midjet117
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM

yes, it happens. 

Seabreeze9
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Thank you guys! I appreciate the responses. It's nice to know how crazy hormones can be.
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Before pregnancy mine was clock work, every 28 days on the dot, now PP I got my first period 1-1-13 and just got my second 2-14-13  so thats like a 44 day cycle, lol. I've heard of women going months inbetween. I was joking with DH, I said well since a woman's cycles are eregular while Bfeeding I guess I will know if I'm preggo when I feel something moving, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN