Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I am starting to dry up, I can't get hardly anything when I pump anymore, I can still nurse but he wants to nurse alot more because he doesn't seem to get enough at one sitting. I still have some milk in the freezer that he gets when I work but I don't think my supply will last until he is one. So I am trying to figure out what I want to do.. I really was hoping I could make it to a year on breast milk but I am happy I have at least made this far. Is there something I can do to help with my supply, what formula is the best to switch too after milk. Or I think my milk in the freezer will last at least another month so would he be worth switching to formula then to regular milk right away?

i was looking up fenugreek because thats what some other moms suggested but webmd said they dont recommend using it while breastfeeding even though many women do because there isnt enough evidence on whether its safe or not
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (11-13):
shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Fenugreek will only work if the milk is being removed. If its not being removed often enough then it won't work. I too would send more solids and scales back the bottles. It honestly sounds like the caregiver was feeding the bottle incorrectly so that's why 3ozs weren't working.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Holy cow! Thats amazing! Did you use all that??

Quoting addykarder19:

i would fill a bag to a bag and a half per pumping session plus i was nursing..

addykarder19
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM
i have a little bit left

Quoting stepconfused182:

Holy cow! Thats amazing! Did you use all that??

Quoting addykarder19:

i would fill a bag to a bag and a half per pumping session plus i was nursing..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)