Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BCP & AF Ques

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

so i have been on the mini pill (errin) since about 8 wks PP.   now DS is 15 mo and only nurses about 3 times a day so AF has come back.  but really only when/if i miss my pill.  if i am even a few hrs late i spot for weeks.  its really irritating.  i am still nursing, should i still be taking this pill even though i frequently spot and every now and then get my period (if i miss a day).  id doesnt seem to have an effect on my supply but i am more wondering for my own health. 

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I don't feel comfortable taking hormonal birth control after seeing the effects that it had on my health.  I was on depo at one point and regular BCP while not bfing.  During bfing, I've only used NFP with condoms and in fact that's all we've used for the last 5 years because of the side effects of the pill.  Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book to read if you want to learn about NFP, or just about how your body works in general.  I think it should be standard reading for girls upon reaching puberty.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

The minipill is known to cause spotting problems even when taken regularly.

(Funny thing... when I saw BCP the first thing I thought of was the Book of Common Prayer!)

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Ugh spotting can be more annoying than a period!

Quoting gdiamante:

The minipill is known to cause spotting problems even when taken regularly.

(Funny thing... when I saw BCP the first thing I thought of was the Book of Common Prayer!)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN