Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what is he doing?!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

I was just breastfeeding my son and he fed really well on the right side for a bit and then pulled himself off.  He then proceeded to latch back on and then shake his head back and forth tugging on my nipple until it popped back out of his mouth, then he would frantically look for it again and repeat.  So I thought maybe something was wrong and I switched him to the left side.  He fed for a while there too, then started doing it again.  He would latch, bury his face in my breast and shake his head side to side tugging on my nipple.  What the heck is he doing?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Im wondering if hes enjoying how fast the milk comes out during letdown and then when it's not flowing so fast he's getting mad. How old is baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Playing! Lol, He could be trying to make your milk come down again. Better this then crying and hitting, trust me!

ChWuGu
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM

7 weeks

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Im wondering if hes enjoying how fast the milk comes out during letdown and then when it's not flowing so fast he's getting mad. How old is baby?

ChWuGu
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I wonder that too, but what makes me question this is that there is never a problem getting milk to come out of my right.  It leaks so bad that I leak through at least 1 top a day and have to wear multiple pads at night to stop it from leaking through

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Playing! Lol, He could be trying to make your milk come down again. Better this then crying and hitting, trust me!

SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Im guessing you have an impatientittle guy who loves fast milk flow. ;)

Quoting ChWuGu:

7 weeks

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChWuGu
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

lucky me lol.  It hurts when he does that

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting ChWuGu:

7 weeks

Quoting SuperMom2433:

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Yeah, it sounds like he's saying, "bring back that fast flow!" don't let him do anything that hurts you (or annoys you for that matter).  If he's doing something you don't like then take him off and try again in a few minutes.

Quoting ChWuGu:

lucky me lol.  It hurts when he does that

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting ChWuGu:

7 weeks

Quoting SuperMom2433:

2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:18 AM

My DD does the same thing, she's 9 wks, I have decided that she is just playing too

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:52 AM

DS did this a lot during his growth spurts.. and sometimes he does it when hes playing

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
My LO does it too! I think it's funny. I always say he's going crazy. He yells sometimes too which just makes it funnier. He's never upset though. Always wondered why he did it. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)