Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

fever- ideas?- ot- update

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
Aiden has just a random fever of 101. He doesn't have a cold. He's been fine up until 3 hours ago. His tooth broke through on Wednesday no sign of another he's 8 months. Any ideas?

I gave Aiden a dose of tylenol last night. His fever went down about an hour later and he hasn't had one since. He's acting like nothing is wrong! No clue
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Ear infection?
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
He doesn't have any of the "classic" symptoms but still a possibility. He had a cold but he's been fine for weeks

Quoting Junebaby18:

Ear infection?

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Some babies have no real symptoms other than they're not themselves and have double ear infections.
JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Dd had that a couple of weeks ago. Just a fever then she got a cough after the fever broke. I'd guess it's a virus.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Classic symptoms of an ear infection: fever, fussy when eating or refusal to suck/chew, fussy when laying down.  All the other ones, like ear pulling, are just signs of having a baby and have no correlation to ear infections.

In fact, my boys have only run one fever between the two of them over the course of 24 infections.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

He doesn't have any of the "classic" symptoms but still a possibility. He had a cold but he's been fine for weeks

Quoting Junebaby18:

Ear infection?

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM

My guess would be a viral bug that baby picked up.

*I* would just continue as normal. Put the thermometer down, and just follow babies cues.

rHOPEb
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Probably viral :(  I'd watch him for a day or two before worrying........

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Watch for a rash all over his body on the next cpl of days. Once the rash hits the fever breaks and he is not contagious.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:44 AM
It's morning 2 after his fever. No rash and no fever for about 30 hours. I think i'm chalking it up to the possibility of another tooth coming soon

Quoting JaxMomma78:

Watch for a rash all over his body on the next cpl of days. Once the rash hits the fever breaks and he is not contagious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)