Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

help me please im starting the hard road of weaning and i dont know what to do.during our last visit to the ped she said that night feedings were now a NO NO for the last 2 weeks ds does not go to sleep and keeps waking up at nite and to worsen the matter milk prod is not stopping what do i do? HELP ME PLEASEsurrender IM ABOUT TO GIVE UP

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadieJames
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is baby?  And night feeding are never a "no no".  I'm 27 years old and get up to eat every single night. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Um how old is baby? If under a year doc is SO wrong! Babies wake at night for a reason. 

carlie01
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

he turned 1 feb 10

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Ignore doc but know you can night wean, google dr jay Gordon's night weaning method. 

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Don't take breast feeding advice from a pediatrician. They have no breast feeding education.

Feed baby whenever you and he likes. If you want to night wean then I'm sure someone can give you links for good night weaning advice.

Go to kellymom.com and search ways to wean gently if you want to wean. Otherwise, continue feeding as often as you are comfortable doing so.

There is never a time when a feeding is a "no-no."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carlie01
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

im feeling so guilty,but im so tired and with school my mom too disagrees and its such gift to nourish your child that its killing me

SadieJames
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you cosleep? If you feel guilty then don't do it mama! 

You can night wean though if you want.  

Quoting carlie01:

im feeling so guilty,but im so tired and with school my mom too disagrees and its such gift to nourish your child that its killing me

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM
You do realize night weaning is only gonna do just that.... Wean at night. Doesn't mean your baby won't wake often. Cosleep!!!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carlie01
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

we used to co sleep stpped an d now we are cosleeping again becouse he got sick and needed the boobie constantly

Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

you don't HAVE to start weaning him yet, many moms in here nurse until 2, 3 and sometimes past 4. It's ok to nurse him at night, idk why your pedi says it isn't. You can breastfeed when and how long you and your baby want

Quoting carlie01:

he turned 1 feb 10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN