Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Then don't complain, grr.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
I had to run to the store to get some cleaning supplies and creamer for my coffee, lol, tmi I know ;). Anyway while I was in line to cash out there was a young couple ahead of me complaining that their wic only covers 9 small cans of formula a month and that one if them will have to go get a job just to feed the baby and its not fair and on and on. Well the cashier (male btw) said that was why he was trying to talk his wife into bfing. The girl ahead of me said "hells no I don't want some kid hanging of my tits 24/7". I was floored. I could tell the cashier wanted to say something but bit his tongue. I did too but bit my tongue also. She went on and on about how formula was actually safer for a baby because thus way they aren't getting all of the processed chemicals that come from the food the mom eats and how she doesn't want to have to eat organic food all the time because its soo expensive. I could bite my tongue no longer. I said to her, read the liable in that can. She said she couldn't read half the names on there. Exactly, why give your infant something processed that you can't read the names of the stuff in it. I can tell you what's in bm. 100% unprocessed, no additional artificial fillers pure Momma's milk. Well, she quit get complaining and paid and left. I just shook my head, here's a girl that's maybe 18 that's 1)talking like that (maybe I'm just getting old) and 2) is soo mis-informed and complaining that she or her bf will have to go get a job now, I've been working since I was 16 to buy what I want and/or need. I'm getting laid off here in 3 weeks and my family is trying to convince me I should run right down for food stamps and wic just because I can, not because I may need it. Not saying anything negative about either of those because they are there if you need them, they shouldn't be a privilege or a demand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MalakbelLacuna
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM
arent people so stupid.
not ignorant. stupid. there is a world of information readily available!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM
You go girl! And kudos for the cashier encouraging his gf to breastfeed! We found out my husbands company was closing when i was 8 months pregnant. They were set to close the day after my edd do i knew i had to do whatever i could to make bfing work. But i love it! I love the snuggles!
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

sigh...some people....

Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
That's just sad.
turttlemom
by Nayelli on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

OMG... some  kid... it is her baby!!!... that is so sad, I also have heard that comment very often

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
People are so ignorant! I had a mom tell me her daughter would not latch after two tries. This is her excuse for not breastfeeding. My current child nursing took 3 days to get a proper latch.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It drives me INSANE when people on WIC complain about not getting the type of formula they want or not enough. I am all for WIC for those who need it. I think it's wonderful and I used to work for them. However, if you are getting it because you're too lazy to get a job, then THAT pisses me off. There's no way I would have been able to bite my tongue either. I'm glad you said something. Why is it so hard to get positive information about breastfeeding through to people??

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Oh geez... me too. I work with a lady who said her daughter just had a baby and she said, "She tried to breastfeed but couldn't. She tried to get her to latch for TWO HOURS and she wouldn't. Can you believe that?" No, I couldn't believe it.... but not for the reason she thought!!!

Quoting Mom2Just1:

People are so ignorant! I had a mom tell me her daughter would not latch after two tries. This is her excuse for not breastfeeding. My current child nursing took 3 days to get a proper latch.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

ugggghhh... I hate people like that. They need to close thier legs and not have babies. I would have lit in to her too.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM

yeah im nicer then you I would have said some thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN