Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just annoyed.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 70 Replies
5 moms liked this

I just want to vent, no comments required. I know it's none of my business, etc...I just want to vent.

So I have seven friends who are pregnant or have had babies in the last month. I've asked each of them what their feeding plans were, and they ALL said formula. When I asked why, out of curiosity, they said they didn't know anything about breastfeeding and were scared. I talked to them and four of them have decided to breastfeed. Awesome! The others have said things like "it will make my boobs saggy", "I don't want a kid on my tit all the time", etc. WTF?! I feel like that's incredibly selfish. I don't really understand how, when given accurate information and made aware of how beneficial breastfeeding is for both mother and baby, a woman can still be selfish enough to choose to FF. I don't get it! Why wouldn't a mother at least try? They all have supportive families, they are all SAHM...I just don't understand. 

That's my vent. I don't understand why a mother would choose to feed an inferior product when she knows how beneficial breastmilk is. I don't get it.  

And again--this is a vent, and I understand that as long as the baby's being fed...all that.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I dont get it either....i guess their priorities are messed up :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Thanks! I was worried I was going to get bashed lol. I just had to get it off my chest. It just makes no sense, and makes me think even less of FF moms, if they all do it out of complete selfishness.

Quoting Precious333:

I dont get it either....i guess their priorities are messed up :(

SadieJames
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I'm with you.  But for perspective I remember that people beat their children, starve them and do other horrible things.  At least baby is getting fed even if it isn't as good for them.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm clueless too. :(
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Good point.

Quoting SadieJames:

I'm with you.  But for perspective I remember that people beat their children, starve them and do other horrible things.  At least baby is getting fed even if it isn't as good for them.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I understand! I'm hearing the "I FF and my child was fine" excuse. Okay, lol? My parents beat the living shit out of my brothers and I, CPS was called and nothing was done. We had broken bones, and nothing was done. Just because something's 'legal' or acceptable, doesn't make it right.

I would much prefer a mother FF over starving her child, I'll agree there. 

Quoting SadieJames:

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I agree 1000%. I nursed two babies to a year old with one, and fourteen months with the other and Im on my third with ZERO plans of using formula. Yuck.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It honestly makes me a little sad. I honestly feel like if a mother isn't willing to sacrifice to breastfeed, she probably won't sacrifice for her child in any other ways. Most of the elective FF moms I know are incredibly selfish even if you take FF out of the equation. 

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I'm clueless too. :(

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM
It's sad. A friend of mine just had a baby and is ff. She used to be a nurse for crying out loud!
audreesmama
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I nursed my first until 14 months, and was a wet nurse for a baby until she was 18 months. I also donate milk regularly. I am nursing this one and will not be using formula. I haven't, and I won't. I've gotten donor milk in the past (when I was deployed), but not formula. 

Quoting CatFishMom:

I agree 1000%. I nursed two babies to a year old with one, and fourteen months with the other and Im on my third with ZERO plans of using formula. Yuck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN