Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This is just sad! Picture...

Posted by   + Show Post

AND PEOPLE WHO BOTTLE FEED WONDER WHY DO BREASTFEEDING MOMS JUDGE,  THIS ALMOST MAKES ME MAD.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
AKmom11
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I know someone who used those when she had triplets. She would rotate babies during feedings using those for 2 while she held and fed one. Only while she was home by herself during the day though. Gosh, triplets, I couldn't imagine!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I saw something in a store once called a "Proppy" and it looked like a tiny boppy pillow but it was designed to prop up a baby's bottle until they could hold it themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
My friend was all excited to learn she can exclusively pump so she doesn't have to breastfeed. I don't get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't judge people and I say this is stupid not sad. I don't care how people choose to feed their child, I wouldn't want to be judged myself .. but I'll
say that of course this babies bottle needs to be held and not propped. Its just lazy. But not that big of a deal to be judged for it...
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I can't imagine being excited about that much work. It's the hardest parts of breastfeeding and bottle feeding combined. I applaud those who can successfully pump like that. It's quite a commitment.

Quoting graycalico:

My friend was all excited to learn she can exclusively pump so she doesn't have to breastfeed. I don't get it.
amesstobemade
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

WAIT A MINUTE! Where did you get.. a girl having a baby for selfish reasons and kids don't need to be having babies from this picture? Honestly take your judgements somewhere else and for damn sure don't bring crap up like that when that is not even close to what the picture is depicting. Honestly.. who do you think you are.  

Quoting emilycaudill:

Wrapped in a towel, no shirt, if not naked too. The baby does look kinda upset, possibly scared cold etc. This is why kids don't need to be having babies... but I've also seen much more disturbing images than this one. Girls need to quit getting pregnant for selfish reasons. Kids don't need to be having babies.

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM

This is sad and dangerous....the game appears more important than holding that precious baby for a few minutes to feed it. I mean really is it that hard to push pause. 

Char07
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty much this, still sad that it's pretty obvious baby is looking to connect and way worse if this is a normal occurence but hard to know.

As for being naked, my ds *maybe* wore more than a diaper 3 times in his first month of life, maybe they just finished lots of skin to skin and babies are not picky about what they're wrapped in ;)

Quoting Millertime77:

This could be expressed breastmilk. AND, at least he is holding the child.  I mean, the kid could be in the other room.  It's hard to make an opinion from a picture when we don't have the whole story.  Seems a little judgemental to me.  What if this guy has been up for three straight nights with this baby and he just needs some time to relax?  Really, how perfect are we to judge?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Yeah. I'm really glad she found what works best for her.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I can't imagine being excited about that much work. It's the hardest parts of breastfeeding and bottle feeding combined. I applaud those who can successfully pump like that. It's quite a commitment.

Quoting graycalico:

AtiFreeFalls
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm married to a gamer. For him, game time was bonding time. We EBF so he never fed them and olayed at the same time, and I probably would have insisted he feed them without the game, but he held our babies while he was playing games a lot. Now he plays games with them, teaches them about his hobby. This is a picture of one incident. None of you have any context. None of you knowthis family. if this is the only way baby is being fed, that's a problem otherwise chill.
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Really? How do you know this couple isn't in their late 20's, early 30's?

Quoting emilycaudill:

Wrapped in a towel, no shirt, if not naked too. The baby does look kinda upset, possibly scared cold etc. This is why kids don't need to be having babies... but I've also seen much more disturbing images than this one. Girls need to quit getting pregnant for selfish reasons. Kids don't need to be having babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN