Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This is just sad! Picture...

Posted by   + Show Post

AND PEOPLE WHO BOTTLE FEED WONDER WHY DO BREASTFEEDING MOMS JUDGE,  THIS ALMOST MAKES ME MAD.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM
My husband is the same. I have mini gamers on my hands.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

I'm married to a gamer. For him, game time was bonding time. We EBF so he never fed them and olayed at the same time, and I probably would have insisted he feed them without the game, but he held our babies while he was playing games a lot. Now he plays games with them, teaches them about his hobby. This is a picture of one incident. None of you have any context. None of you knowthis family. if this is the only way baby is being fed, that's a problem otherwise chill.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I use to do that with my kids when I needed to get work done. My bf use to do that til I caught him. I dot understand the connect thing. Babys just looking around what is it suppose to do? I dont stare at dd when im breastfeeding her im either on my tablet or watching tv also dd is faced staring at my side amd he couch. Not much she can look at, she doesn't like new positions.
AngelicMommy_72
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Tbh I held my ff son while on the computer, I didn't prop his bottle up, ever. but I wasn't always engaging him when feeding him, I did the same thing with my bf. baby too . I honestly never felt more engaged with one than. the other while multi tasking.
don't see the difference here, While alot of you say you can wear your baby while you're feeding While doing 1000 things around the house..just because your boob. is in their mouth n not a bottle you feel more engaged?
Maybe he was cooing with baby n that's why baby was looking up at him? Maybe be just got out the bath was cold n daddy was holding him whole mommy got him some clothes or lotion? maybe that explains the "scared" look ..really I just see a baby intrigued with an adult who is speaking.
tsk tsk ladies. very disappointed in you're prejudice....
nikkifam5
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
This... and it looks like baby just may have gotten out of the bath a was probably hungry.. I see nothing wrong with feeding baby right after a bath before dressing... I call this photo multitasking lol

Quoting amesstobemade:

WAIT A MINUTE! Where did you get.. a girl having a baby for selfish reasons and kids don't need to be having babies from this picture? Honestly take your judgements somewhere else and for damn sure don't bring crap up like that when that is not even close to what the picture is depicting. Honestly.. who do you think you are.  

Quoting emilycaudill:

Wrapped in a towel, no shirt, if not naked too. The baby does look kinda upset, possibly scared cold etc. This is why kids don't need to be having babies... but I've also seen much more disturbing images than this one. Girls need to quit getting pregnant for selfish reasons. Kids don't need to be having babies.

Meghan6391
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Same here my 3 1/2 y.o is better at video games than most people i know. He is a smart little thing lol and has his own game station lol.

As for the hubs and feeding the boys, he always holds them during feedings when i can't bf and he still will play games sometimes.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

My husband is the same. I have mini gamers on my hands.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

I'm married to a gamer. For him, game time was bonding time. We EBF so he never fed them and olayed at the same time, and I probably would have insisted he feed them without the game, but he held our babies while he was playing games a lot. Now he plays games with them, teaches them about his hobby. This is a picture of one incident. None of you have any context. None of you knowthis family. if this is the only way baby is being fed, that's a problem otherwise chill.
amesstobemade
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

THANK YOU! Good lord these ladies are awfully quick to judge and point fingers! Get off your high horses and move on!! It's a picture you have NO IDEA what is actually going on and who cares!! Not your baby. Not your business! Sorry

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

Tbh I held my ff son while on the computer, I didn't prop his bottle up, ever. but I wasn't always engaging him when feeding him, I did the same thing with my bf. baby too . I honestly never felt more engaged with one than. the other while multi tasking.
don't see the difference here, While alot of you say you can wear your baby while you're feeding While doing 1000 things around the house..just because your boob. is in their mouth n not a bottle you feel more engaged?
Maybe he was cooing with baby n that's why baby was looking up at him? Maybe be just got out the bath was cold n daddy was holding him whole mommy got him some clothes or lotion? maybe that explains the "scared" look ..really I just see a baby intrigued with an adult who is speaking.

emilycaudill
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Wow, here we all are judging this photo, yet I'm the only one who gets called out for my judgement? Sorry to be rude right back, but your age doesn't matter in the fact that if you can't give your child the attention it needs, you are not grown up or mature enough to have babies and should wait. Kids having kids. Its easy to get that idea from this picture. And if you're going to have a baby with a guy who doesn't want to take of it right, then you're just being selfish. You can say all you want but I've been there done that. I got pregnant when I was 17 to try and keep my douchebag exboyfriend around. And while my son is not a mistake, it was a mistake to have a baby at that age. I was not mentally mature enough to take care of him and give him the attention he deserved. I propped his bottle all the time and yeah he survived but I feel horrible about it now. 5 years later I'm having another and feel like I'm much more capable and more mentally mature and actually want to fufill my babies needs. People have babies for selfish reasons sometimes and it can result in "sad" photos like this one. Its a problem in society. My bad for pointing it out.
mamoore83
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

poor baby :-( but not all or probably even most bottle feeding moms and dads do this. 

BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting emilycaudill:

Wrapped in a towel, no shirt, if not naked too. The baby does look kinda upset, possibly scared cold etc. This is why kids don't need to be having babies... but I've also seen much more disturbing images than this one. Girls need to quit getting pregnant for selfish reasons. Kids don't need to be having babies.

what makes you think this is a case of kids having kids?

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, the baby wearing aspect is beneficial, in and of itself, nursing or not. Wearing your baby raises their immune systems, builds their physical strength, has been linked to better balance for baby, and can regulate breathing and temperature. Plus they constantly hear you which makes new connections in their brains. Baby wearing is a whole other ball game than sitting on the computer or playing a video game.

And I've done all that, nursed while wearing, nursed while on the computer, and nursed while playing video games. My DH would game with our kiddos in his lap but he mostly kept it skin to skin because kangaroo care is important to him. He never really fed our kids though.

I do agree that a lot of judgements are being made without sufficient information. But I also agree that baby needs to be held differently so that the bottle isn't propped(totally dangerous), and that baby is definitely taking in excess air at that angle which can hurt their tummies so that needs to be fixed. Taking a 20 minute break wouldn't have killed him.

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN