Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

This is just sad! Picture...

Posted by   + Show Post

AND PEOPLE WHO BOTTLE FEED WONDER WHY DO BREASTFEEDING MOMS JUDGE,  THIS ALMOST MAKES ME MAD.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM

For all we know, mom was snuggling and feeding her new baby and wanted to take a picture of how cute it was, sat it on dad's (or uncle's or brother's or whoever's) lap and snapped a quick picture.

I don't like propped bottles for any number of reasons, but I don't know this story so I'm not judging them.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Yeah Ive seen that and now that im older and smarter it scares the life out of me. Whats going to happen if the baby chokes! My DS has even choked and got winded at the breast from OAL.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

my friend used to put her 3 month old in his car seat and put a rolled up blanket on his lap to prop his bottle up then walk away :/

Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

mine did too. My right breast was making a ton of milk for a while and whenever she'd try eating she would choke and gag.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah Ive seen that and now that im older and smarter it scares the life out of me. Whats going to happen if the baby chokes! My DS has even choked and got winded at the breast from OAL.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

my friend used to put her 3 month old in his car seat and put a rolled up blanket on his lap to prop his bottle up then walk away :/

piwife
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is a gamer. He has played video games and held baby.. even with our third he did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I agree, This pic just got to me for some reason.

Quoting mamoore83:

poor baby :-( but not all or probably even most bottle feeding moms and dads do this. 

cnlsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe another mom mentioned this, but that device was designed for parents of multiples that literally don't have enough hands to feed them all. Of course there are parents who abuse the useful tool and turn it into a potentially dangerous crutch. It's sad that parents can't be bothered to parent sometimes though.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

i SAW ONE THAT YOU HANG FROM THE TOP OF A CARSEAT!!!  ITS SO ISOLATING IN MY OPINION. I THINK THINGS LIKE THIS TEACH A CHILD TO BE WAY TOO INDIPENDENT TOO SOON.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I saw something in a store once called a "Proppy" and it looked like a tiny boppy pillow but it was designed to prop up a baby's bottle until they could hold it themselves.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilee1994
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Looks like my bf and dd

KatieFlower
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

aww baby should look content while eating-- this baby looks scared or confused. it does look like breastmilk

Henrysmomma0915
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
This!

Quoting Mrsfarr:

A. That could be pumped breast milk.

B. Those are a man's hands. You can't judge a mom for what her partner does.

Although, dood, put down the play station and pay attention to your kid.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor baby..  :o( 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)