Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BM in the ear?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think I read a post a day or two ago about putting BM in various places to help various things. I've only ever put it in the baby's mouth lol, but she had a DR appt today and he says it looks like she might have an ear infection. She seems to be getting a tooth, so I guess that can be related? Anyway, should I put milk in her ears? That sounds funny to me, but hey, if it works I'm all for giving it a shot. I try to avoid medicating babies if they don't need it...

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaddiesMama09
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Couple drops of Boob juice in each ear will help with ear infections!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it works, I know it sounds weird to me too but it does work and its much better than medicine. My niece had an eye infection about a week ago and my sister asked me for some. The infection was cleared up the next night. It just takes a couple of drops.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It will relieve the pain.

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I would do it up the nose too since most ear infections are a tesulf of sinus inflammation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Ok then, I'll give it a shot (Or a squirt?)

Can't wait to see my grandmother's face when I tell her, she thinks I'm a complete weirdo for even breastfeeding, probably have a fit when I tell her I'm putting it other places too LOL

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Totally. I have pain in my ears all the time and it helps! Agree with pp, put in the nose too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I put some in DD's eye when it was all watery. I tried rubbing some on her face too when she broke out really bad. That second one didn't work very well lol

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

really? my lo has a severe double inner ear infection .. the right side is bulging she said . :/ hes in pain been throwing up with a high fever. would BM help? anything at this point to get lil man outta pain!

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

As long as the eardrum hasn't ruptured, you can put a few drops in his ear.  It may help with the pain, though with as bad as that pain can get it may not (it's hit or miss here).  Have you tried ibuprofen or tylenol?

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

really? my lo has a severe double inner ear infection .. the right side is bulging she said . :/ hes in pain been throwing up with a high fever. would BM help? anything at this point to get lil man outta pain!

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

i dont think its ruptured..how would we know?? 

we did motrin this morning tho its not really seeming to help :/ 

hes really picking at his ears today and he NEVER does that.. even with an ear infection .. 

Quoting K8wizzo:

As long as the eardrum hasn't ruptured, you can put a few drops in his ear.  It may help with the pain, though with as bad as that pain can get it may not (it's hit or miss here).  Have you tried ibuprofen or tylenol?

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting MaddiesMama09:

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)