Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnancy and breast feeding question

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 4 Replies
Not for me but I saw somebody ask about getting pregnant with an ebf six month old. A lot if people were saying if she'd did she'd have to supplement since her milk supply would tank - is that always the case?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Not always but usually
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Usually! Especially when they are so young and dependant on breastmilk. I did a lot of research on it because i am dying to have a daughter.... but i want what's best for my 8 month old so we are going to wait until at least a year before ttc. Then hopefully tandem??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Usually. I tend to have major, huge oversupply and pregnancy kills mine. Fortunately I've only been pregnant & bf when my kids were older, so it wasn't/isn't an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Not always, but it's usually the case.  If mom doesn't get pregnant until baby is 10 months or so, there's not usually a need to supplement but earlier on there typically is.  Most moms lose their milk supply due to hormonal changes and even if they don't, when it changes to colostrum they'll need to supplement if baby is young because it isn't enough to sustain an older infant (perfect for a newborn, though!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)