Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

that was embarrassing

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 38 Replies
So today dh and i went bowling and took dd. She gets hungry so i begin feeding her. I cover up with a blanket. Well for some reason she unlatches herself and i look under the blanket to see what is going on. I then notice that my breast is spraying milk all over her, the blanket and me. I had to try to clean up the mess, get it to stop and finish feeding in the middle of a bowling alley. Anyone else have an embarrassing or funny story to share and make me feel less like an idiot? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christineT79
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I've never had that happen in public but it's happened. I couldnt help but laugh when the milk was spraying all over her face. lol.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Bahaha! I spray Aiden all the time.

Quoting HelloBayybee:

I don't cover my baby. Cuz she pulls the blankets down... Bit one time she unlatched and I sprayed milk all over her hair and face... Then my hubby went to kiss her and her hair wa all wet lol he was like "eww boob juice is sticky in hair..."

clz0213
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I laughed too honestly. She just sat there and didn't move while i sprayed her lol

Quoting christineT79:

I've never had that happen in public but it's happened. I couldnt help but laugh when the milk was spraying all over her face. lol.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Yep....we have sprayed in public too!
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
5 moms liked this

I sprayed a server's shoes once. My son let go and I had the blanket pulled aside trying to get him to relatch, the whole thing slid down and I went to catch it and leaned over just as this nice lady was refilling our drinks. I don't think she noticed, I didn't say anything, just covered back up and went back to nursing lol.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Oh, same about the second part. I spray her down a lot and it always makes me giggle.

Quoting christineT79:

momalee40
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I was watching TV once and a guy friend was there, well, i couldnt understand why he wouldnt look at me when i asked him a ?, then i realized my dd had stopped nursing and turned over to watch TV too, so the boob was just out there! He laughed n said he figured i would catch a breeze eventually.
eatyourveges
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I haven't spsated in public but I sprayed my two year old in the face once when I was trying to nurse his little brother.... Lol

justone_jen
by Jen on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I think those of us with forceful letdown issues have been in your shoes. It seems like I dealt with that the first few months!

It's when you find the humor in these things that you know you're doing it right. :)
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Oh, yes.. been there, done that!  :o) 

Quoting justone_jen: I think those of us with forceful letdown issues have been in your shoes. It seems like I dealt with that the first few months!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)