Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
So today dh and i went bowling and took dd. She gets hungry so i begin feeding her. I cover up with a blanket. Well for some reason she unlatches herself and i look under the blanket to see what is going on. I then notice that my breast is spraying milk all over her, the blanket and me. I had to try to clean up the mess, get it to stop and finish feeding in the middle of a bowling alley. Anyone else have an embarrassing or funny story to share and make me feel less like an idiot? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
TTC2Long
by Gina on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I'm SO afraid of doing that! I check and recheck almost compulsively throughout the day. My fil comes over almost daily. I'd be MORTIFIED if he saw my goods!!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

One time I was nursing my son and I had to run to get hubby from work. I wore those nursing tanks that unsap. Anyhow, got the kids out to the car, strapped my son in and got in the drivers seat. I noticed that it seemed a little breezy. I look down and realize I never snapped my tank! My boob was hanging out for the world to see. :/. Def embarrassing.
SuperMom2433
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I still had that newborn mommy brain...lol. It happened a couple of times but that time a few neighbors got an unintentional show.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I'm SO afraid of doing that! I check and recheck almost compulsively throughout the day. My fil comes over almost daily. I'd be MORTIFIED if he saw my goods!!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

One time I was nursing my son and I had to run to get hubby from work. I wore those nursing tanks that unsap. Anyhow, got the kids out to the car, strapped my son in and got in the drivers seat. I noticed that it seemed a little breezy. I look down and realize I never snapped my tank! My boob was hanging out for the world to see. :/. Def embarrassing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I was standing in the checkout line at Walmart and people kept giving me weird looks. I finally looked down and my 10mo had pulled ny shirt down and my boob was hanging out. I wasn't feeding him at that moment but he always felt entitled to play with the num nums...sadly I didn't even blush haha
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I have done he same hing as you but I dont use the cover anymore, I have given up..so usually its just spraying my shirt and I end up with a wet shirt

Julia.C
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't sprayed in public but once on a very long road trip to Maine I was in the back seat riding next to the car-seat.  Baby was asleep, breast were full - husband was blabbing about something - so I starting spraying him on purpose - I had great aim.  He turned to the side and tried to catch it in his mouth.  :) lol.   I think we were a little dilusional and goofy from such a long drive.

IansMommy2012
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Yea I was sitting in public feeding Ian, had him covered. Well I wasn't paying any attention and was talking, the next thing I know dh jumps in front of me and I look down, Ian had moved the blanket and was playing with the nipple haha smh
carranzasfaith
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I wish i had a funny story to tell, but you mommas gave me a good giggle this morning. ho knows i may end up with one my youngest is just 3 weeks today. :)
JenB1983
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Got ya beat......I went to a WIC appointment and baby was STARVING. Isn't that how it works? Lol. But, while the girl was typing all the info in, she told me that I was more than welcome to nurse(which I was prepping to do anyhow). Baby latched and starting nursing......and I had a powerful let down. Lol. Baby yanks off sputtering, and I sprayed milk all over the poor girls desk. And papers. Even got her computer.

Thankfully she laughed. Lol
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Trying to nurse in the carrier so I could finish making breakfast, my cousin and his wife were down visiting and I was talking to his wife when I sprayed out the carrier and almost nailed her. We had a good laugh and I gave up nursing in the carrier lol
clz0213
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Lol got some good laughs out of all this. Makes me feel better lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)